Headquarters: Fukuoka, Japan
Full-time position / $7,000 ~ $10,000 per monthAbout you
- You have at least five years of professional experience in computer vision.
- You have proficient knowledge of machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow) and image processing libraries (e.g., OpenCV).
- You have some experience in deploying large-scale models.
- You are able to speak and write English fluently.
- You live in a country with a maximum time difference of 9 hours from Japan.
- You will lead the AI team composed of two engineers.
- You will help with building and improving models for high-resolution medical images.
- You will implement image processing and object localization algorithms.
- You will communicate with the web development team to connect the AI backend to the web backend.
- You will help with deploying and scaling models to AWS.
Medmain is a tech startup for healthcare, which was established within Japan in January 2018. We have won a variety of pitch competitions held in many parts of the world, including Silicon Valley, Estonia and so on. Today, countless aspects of life are being improved by the introduction of IT. However, there are still so many things that have yet to be changed in medicine, even though it is one of the most essential needs. Medmain is looking to solve this problem by creating a better healthcare system for the next generation with our specialized understanding in both medicine and engineering.What do we do?PidPort: a software for pathological image diagnosis using deep learning
Pathologists are doctors who check tissue sample of patients with a microscope and identify their condition. Currently, there are very few pathologists around and the world is facing a shortage of diagnosis experts for this job. Medmain is developing an AI that is capable of producing accurate and precise diagnosis reports in a minute. We are currently building the alpha version, and have already signed contracts with several large hospitals in Japan. The schedule is to release the final version by late 2019.
To apply: https://airtable.com/shr4ZMvFFk66YTLXL