Headquarters: San Francisco, California, USA
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, forums, and one-on-one screenshare sessions.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, and CSS, along with a strong support philosophy.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable.
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- An ability to learn and adapt so that you can help teach others.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups.
To apply: Visit the Happiness Engineer page on Automattic.com and follow the instructions there.