Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Within Fender Global Sales we are focused on growing the universe of beginner players by enhancing their experience at each successive learning milestone. Our mission is to provide retail solutions and to support and nurture new players on their musical journey. We are currently searching for a talented Sales Director, Consumer Electronics to join our team. This is a remote position, preferably located in Southern California.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
The Sales Director, Consumer Electronics will lead the sales team to develop unique business plans for each territory and/or industry segment including: key customers, product campaigns, and aftermarket solution strategies leveraging the resources available (key account managers, inside sales and channel partners).
About the Job:
- Work with upper management to establish sales forecasts, budgets and profit goals. Create programs to achieve these goals
- Provide regular reporting to upper management of important issues affecting sales of products in international markets
- Coordinate regional sales and marketing programs for products with Fender management
- Work with regional Sales and marketing programs for products with Fender management
- Work with manufacturers, vendors, and product management to ensure that the needs of the regional markets are being addressed by product development and marketing plans
- Establish marketing, sales and pricing policies used in regional sales activities
- Establish plans for the regional Division’s participate in major industry trade fairs
What you need:
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Customer Account Management within CE Channel or comparable sales experience
- Experience managing 3rd party sales teams and agencies
- Knowledge of Consumer Electronic products and Channel
- Experience setting and meeting sales targets and budgets
- Effective management skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people in a constructive problem-solving environment
- Familiarity with the regional market for CE product
- Effective communication and presentations skills
- Ability to create action plans and to implement these plans to achieve specific sales and/or marketing objectives
- Awareness and sensitivity to important cultural issues that arise when working in an international environment
- Ability to travel extensively when required
- Ability to model deal structures, knowledge of sales pipeline (prospecting, closing, legal, implementation)
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; or equivalent experience
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.