Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
We are filling a specialized role within our Customer Support team: Prepress Support Representative. Our Prepress and proofing processes add value to every single one of our orders, as we make sure everything looks great before we send orders to press, permanently committing materials and production labor. Working closely with both Customer Support and Prepress teams, you will join a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Packlane empowers brands big and small to create beautiful, affordable unboxing experiences that customers will enjoy and remember. From subscription boxes to event swag, eye-catching packaging can help brands connect with their customers – so we do everything we can to make it a smooth and easy process. Our services are trusted by over 10,000 companies including Google, L’Oreal, Shopify, Red Bull and more.
We’re a team of eager self-starters from all over the world, and we’re looking for others to help grow Packlane into the best company it can be. Our core values are creativity (including beautiful design!), high quality work, and a passion for what we do. If that sounds like a good fit, we can’t wait to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Review artwork files from our customers, and give print advice when needed.
- Read customer messages carefully. Understand the needs and priorities of customers, acting accordingly.
- Pass along artwork revision instructions in a clear and technically detailed manner to our prepress team, to make sure our customers receive their proofs in a timely manner.
- Keep a close eye on orders you worked on to make sure they are moving along smoothly in Prepress.
- Closely follow outlined workflows, taking ownership and a high degree of accountability for your work.
- Work closely with the rest of the Customer Support team to coordinate and problem-solve. Aid in resolutions of customer complaints and occasionally handle complaints from start to finish.
- Keep internal Prepress documentation up to date, and come up with innovative ways to optimize our ever-evolving workflows.
- Report bugs and technical problems affecting your workflows and customers’ orders to the dev team at Packlane, including detail and indications of priority.
Who You Are:
- Eagle-eyed. You thoroughly review artwork files and let customers know of potential concerns on the spot.
- You understand customers and their priorities.
- You’ll go back and forth with customers as much as required to address their concerns.
- A taskmaster. You are comfortable rapid-task switching and you manage your time carefully.
- You consider the implications of each decision and can weigh the value of different options. You love being part of a friendly, collaborative team.
Required Technical Skills:
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Dropbox file management.
- Familiarity with print processes is desired, but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with packaging and structural design is desired, but not a requirement.
- Ability to visualize 2D elements becoming 3D, as demonstrated by an interest in sculpture, packaging, construction, craft projects, or similar.
- Writing for clarity, fluent or near-fluent in English.