Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: Oakland, CA
Our Hotel Data Specialists have a singular focus on efficiently getting the best hotel suites live on our site, and most importantly, with the right data. This role of helping to expand and manage our database of hotels is pivotal for Suiteness. The Hotel Data Specialist will work directly with the VP of Hotel Data and the Data Team, and will liaise with others in our company as well as with hotel partners. This is an immediate-start full-time position with benefits. Suiteness is a remote-first company headquartered in Oakland, CA so this position has the flexibility to be done remotely.
Daily responsibilities:Support the onboarding of hotel partners: create new hotel and suite profiles, track the onboarding process steps, coordinate and email with hotels, guide hotels through the onboarding process, and work through the direct integration process.Maintain our suite database: preserve the integrity of our data and content by making changes where needed to ensure we have the most accurate data possible.Call hotels to gather data on unique suite inventory: reach out to hotels and be persistent in working with them to gather accurate data on unique suites.Support new market launches: as our company rapidly expands, help create new hotel content including data input for market launches.
REQUIREMENTSOur ideal candidate has:
- A 4-year degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Top-notch organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience in and affinity for data input
- Ability to balance accuracy and precision with efficiency and timeliness
- A self-starter mentality, is reliable, and can take ownership and run with their projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to constant changes in a startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to and ability to quickly become proficient in new online productivity tools (e.g. Basecamp, Salesforce, Gmail, Google Drive, Airtable, Slack, etc.)
- Passion for accurate data, hotels, and technology
- Excellent phone skills and doesn’t mind spending time talking to hotels to get to the bottom of things
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Experience working for a tech startup
- Experience working with hotels
- US time zone (we are West Coast based)
Suiteness is the only place to book luxury hotel suites online. We started in 2012, we’ve raised our funding from great investors like YC, Structure Capital, and Bullpen Capital. We value the following ideals:
- Open and honest communication - Everything we do is in the open, every day we all meet and talk about what we are working on and how we are performing.
- Work life balance - We take work-life balance seriously. We started Suiteness because we were also starting families and keeping those two in balance is near impossible at most companies.
- Respect and assuming positive intent - Trust is given out quickly and taken back slowly. We all make mistakes and we want to foster an environment of solving problems without blame.
- Humble self-starting craftspeople - We do not believe in hand-holding. We learn as we go, iterate and get better. We want to be the best at what we do. Our focus is on doing the best work and learning more without ego.
- Travel is when we are happiest - We are in the travel industry because we love it. We get together twice every year for company-wide retreats when the whole team is treated to the same level of experience as our customers get, including staying in suites at amazing hotels.
- Medical, vision, dental, plus additional perks and benefits
- Work computer with webcam will be provided
To apply: Please submit your application through this link: https://suiteness.workable.com/jobs/640552