Headquarters: Denver, CO
This is a hands-on, remote, contract-to-hire programming position. You’ll be working on eCommerce platforms and CMSes like Magento 1 & 2, Shopify, and WordPress. The core technologies you’ll be working with are PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clients’ sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up. We are heavily data-driven and provide robust tracking and reporting capabilities for our clients’ initiatives.
We have quite a bit of work booked for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, I strive to minimize context switching—if you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there.
This is a high impact position. Whoever fills this position will have huge opportunity to lay the groundwork of the company’s future.About BranchLabs
BranchLabs is a small but rapidly growing eCommerce consultancy based in the RiNo neighborhood of Denver, CO. We provide eCommerce strategy and implementation services for our clients. Our clients are generally vertically integrated, branded B2C businesses. We help them sell more online, show their brand in the best light, and optimize their backend eCommerce processes.
Our reputation is built on delivering results. We take pride in the work we produce. The products we deliver are high quality inside and out, and they help our clients capitalize on real opportunities. We work closely with stakeholders on our clients’ marketing teams, combining their understanding of their customers with our understanding of all things eCommerce. Together, we craft solutions that work for our clients and their customers.Technical Responsibilities
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
- Full Magento site development
- Design architecture, then implement features for existing Magento stores
- Implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS
- Configure Magento-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
These are the must haves. Basically: be a Magento developer!
- 3–5+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on programming experience with Magento
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Git experience
- Understand the web—REST, HTTP verbs, basic HTTP status codes, etc.
- Familiarity with the Unix command line
If you fulfill the above and have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
Some Notes on Culture
- Hands-on programming experience with Shopify
- Enterprise software development
- Strong UX/UI chops
- Deep understanding building complex database queries, particularly MySQL
- Experience setting up and configuring Apache
- Opinionated about design—visual and code
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)
Here are some of our values. They’re always being refined based on what works and what doesn’t.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Quality can only be assessed with a clear problem definition.
- Context—understanding our clients and their customers—empowers designers to find better solutions.
- Automating repeatable processes frees up time for more interesting problems.
- No process for process’ sake. No meetings for meetings’ sake. But there’s a place for both.
- Build or use tools to provide predictability and eliminate boring work.
- Individual productivity is hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.
To apply: Send a brief cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: we are looking to work with individuals, not agencies or development shops. Thank you!