Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA; Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.What You'll be Doing:
In this role, you will spearhead the product design initiatives for Kibana Canvas. We will look to you for expertise related to product designs, prototypes and UX flows for the Kibana / UI team, maintain our Sketch library and keep parity once your designs are coded, provide design recommendations and support through code review for a large team, and supply iconography and illustration work as needed in your design. All while doing so with the full support of a Leadership team who knows the importance of design.
You will be given the freedom and autonomy to create beautiful work in an environment of your choice, working remotely with an international team of world-class Engineers and Designers. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a huge impact on the evolution of Canvas while also being a part of shaping the future of how Product Design works at Elastic, this could be your dream job! This requires, not only a level of creativity and ingenuity but also the hunger and grit to roll your sleeves up and build something extraordinary.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. What is Kibana Canvas?
Kibana Canvas is a new data presentation, manipulation and communication application on top of Elasticsearch. Canvas is wildly flexible, enticingly extensible and plain fun to use. It’s as beautiful as you make it and we want YOU to help make it more flexible, more beautiful, and more fun. For more information check out our Canvas page on our website http://canvas.elastic.co/ What You've Done:
- 5+ years of design experience working on complicated web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with Sketch, specifically in the context of developing a design system.
- Facility with thinking in terms of systems, marked by an ability to make design decisions that scale and result in reusable patterns, palettes, and components.
- Considers how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- The ability to code your designs in HTML and Sass or a similar preprocessor.
- A positive attitude and a matching commitment to innovate
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- Experience building responsive and accessible designs.
- Deeply competitive pay and Stock options
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Please apply through our website via the link here > https://grnh.se/a7f70f341