Skillcrush is on the hunt for a Director of Sales & Revenue to join our team! This is a full-time, senior-level role.
The Sales team at Skillcrush is made up of marketing automation experts, copywriters, and inside sales counselors who help our potential students understand how learning digital skills with Skillcrush can transform their careers.
As Director of Sales & Revenue, you’ll lead the Sales team by driving the strategy, execution, and measurement of all middle and bottom-of-the-funnel sales and conversion activities. You’ll also work closely with the Leads team, the marketing team responsible for top-of-the-funnel lead generation. And you’ll be a part of the Management team and work closely with our CEO and other Directors to inform the strategic direction of the company.
You’re a good fit for this role if you have a deep understanding of consumer conversion marketing and extensive experience in consumer, direct response sales strategy development, planning, and execution as these will be the main focus of your work. You should have a proven track record in setting KPIs and reaching revenue goals, be highly data-driven, and believe strongly in the value of testing, measurements, and analysis since you will be both establishing the direction of the Sales team and answering for its results.
This position will require you to be familiar with (and sometimes take part in) the work of each member of the Sales team and to effectively lead, manage, and develop them in creating the right messages and using the right methods to reach our ideal audience. You’ll need to have a practical understanding of each team member’s day-to-day tasks and the ability to make sure they contribute to overall goals and results.
You should be able to easily move from the strategic to the tactical and back again while being proactive but not reactive and to build a consumer-focused, direct response sales organization and processes that scale. In addition, you’ll be expected to have a deep understanding of and passion for the Skillcrush mission and our products so you can promote them via sales and conversion activities and as a member of the executive group guiding the company as a whole.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while contributing to our positive and supportive culture. Additional experience – such as a background in creating online consumer brands, female-focused marketing, online education marketing and sales and/or remote working across different time zones (as we’re a fully remote team) – is strongly preferred but not required.
Adda Birnir (CEO)
- Works with the CEO to set sales and revenue goals and serves as the principal person in charge of and responsible for meeting these goals.
- Directs high-level sales strategy across all customer segments and translates strategy into yearly, quarterly, and monthly sales planning to achieve sales and revenue goals.
- Researches and identifies new sales opportunities from sales conversion and content optimization and works with the Product Development team to determine new product and product marketing opportunities based on sales activities and experiments.
- Coordinates with the Director of Marketing to ensure that the cumulative sales and marketing budget is used to maximize ROI and that new partnership opportunities are considered.
- Serves as Product Owner of the Sales team managing the team backlog, setting weekly sprint priorities, monitoring the amount of and completion of work, and keeping all teams aware of sales initiatives and the Sales team aware of product changes.
- Develops members of the Sales team through coaching related to their day-to-day duties, conducting performance reviews, coordinating training and development needed for new sales directions and optimizations, and creating and modelling a culture of continuous feedback, learning, and iteration.
- Experience in a senior marketing and/or sales role where you were responsible for setting sales and revenue goals, ideally at a digital product-driven consumer company.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy for middle and bottom-of-the-funnel sales and conversion activities.
- Demonstrated ability to translate said strategy into successful campaigns.
- Proven track record of leading, motivating, and mentoring a team.
- Knowledgeable about best practices relating to sales automation, as well as high-touch, personalized consumer sales efforts.
- Experience managing a marketing budget to maximize ROI.
- Experience working with HubSpot or similar inbound marketing automation tools (ConvertKit, InfusionSoft, Marketo).
- Comfortable interpreting and succinctly communicating performance metrics for tests and campaigns.
- Sound judgment, with a proven track record of using data to influence decision-making.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and balancing multiple projects.
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, and an understanding that that often includes helping others with tasks not on your official job description.
- Available to work a flexible range of hours that overlaps with standard business hours (9am-5pm) on US Eastern Time.
- Access to a reliable, high-speed Internet connection.
- Proven success in direct-to-consumer marketing, especially to women.
- Experience working on an Agile or Scrum team, especially as Product Owner.
- Experience working remotely with team members in different time zones.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible, remote work
- Competitive benefits package, including fully covered health insurance for you and subsidized insurance for your family
- Co-working stipend and other great perks
- Free access to all the Skillcrush classes you can eat
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunities for job growth
$80-90k, commensurate with skills and experience
Skillcrush is a rapidly growing online tech education company that offers online classes on a variety of technological topics.
At Skillcrush, we have built an open and cooperative environment. We hire who we want to work with, but also who think differently than us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we're always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin (or current home base), sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, family status, time zone, geography, musical preferences, or college football allegiances. We think a diverse team builds a better product and a better company!
Although based in New York City, the Skillcrush team is a remote company and welcomes job applicants from all over the world.
How to Apply
We're excited that you're interested in this role at Skillcrush and we want to make sure your application gets the consideration it deserves. This means we can only accept your application via the link below. Please do not send your application materials or follow-ups to Skillcrush employees via email or social media.
And don't worry! We will consider and respond to every single application we get via this application form. So you’ll hear from us about the position either way, as soon as we've reviewed all applicants.
To apply: https://skillcrush.breezy.hr/p/58b33c363426-director-of-sales-revenue?source=weworkremotely