We are looking for an experienced Python developer to help build, improve, and build out a large python application for one of our client’s projects. Our engineering teams are lean, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing API endpoints and services that are consumed by a react front end and as a public API. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. As a senior engineer you will be expected to give input on high level architecture decisions, communicate those decisions to other developers on the team, and work with clients to explain and implement features.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 3+ years of experience with Python and an MVC framework (Django, Pyramid, Flask)
- Experience with a front end JS framework (like Angular, React, Backbone)
- The desire to mentor and improve junior and mid level developers
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
This position is a contract role currently. Anticipated length of contract is 3 months.
To apply: Apply online at https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/oddballio/view/P_AAAAAADAAADIBQJ9iqFkkg?trackingTag=weworkremotely