Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Bombfell is an online personal styling service for men and one of the fastest-growing startups in the country. In 2017, we were included in the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies (#218). We’re building a powerful, entirely personalized retail experience that enables men to buy their clothing with confidence.
Featured in such prominent publications as the New York Times, TIME, Business Insider, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch and Vogue, Bombfell is backed by world-class investors with deep e-commerce experience.
HOW WE DO
We pride ourselves on blending best-in-class tech with expert styling and have attracted an extraordinarily well-rounded team of both technical and creative talent.
We’ve entered hyper-growth stage and are scaling our team to make a dent in the e-commerce universe.
We’ve got a close-knit culture that prioritizes results, self-motivation, a diversity of viewpoints and open communication. We treasure humility and foster camaraderie. We’ve got engineers, fashionistas, marketers and ops all under one roof in an open floor plan.
We eat (company-provided) lunches together every day, have team-building exercises every 2 months and dismissively snipe about each other in our Game of Thrones fantasy league.
You have an eye for fashion and your guy friends are always begging you to dress them. You love men’s fashion and are looking to jumpstart your career in the fashion industry. You’re dependable, reliable, and love rolling out the red carpet for your clients.
Your clients will tell you their wardrobe needs and you’ll send them a personalized selection every month with the help of our custom-built online styling platform. This is a remote position – you’ll work from home and make your own hours but you must be able to sign in Monday through Friday (approximately one hour) to maintain consistent correspondence with your clients.
Please note: This is a part-time position with a rate of $13/hr.
- Style clients by selecting the best items for each individual using our online styling platform and providing styling advice
- Respond to client feedback and inquiries within 24 hours, Monday through Friday
- Review the client’s past shipment history, style preferences and social media accounts to choose the best items from Bombfell’s inventory for each client
- Carefully review all client requests and accommodate clients to the best of your ability
- Build rapport with clients by writing genuine, friendly and professional messages to clients
- Partner with our Customer Experience team to help resolve client issues in a timely manner
- Submit weekly schedule in advance via our styling platform and follow through on times committed
- Respond to all work emails with Bombfell staff within 24 hours, Monday through Friday
- Touch base with your manager over the phone on a weekly basis
- Provide feedback regarding the online styling platform, company software, assortment of inventory and common client requests to our Styling Team Management
- Receive quarterly reviews to assess performance, progress and personal goals
- Engage with the greater Bombfell team and styling community on Slack
- Four-year degree
- Must reside in New York or New Jersey
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working in fashion retail; preferably in a role where you’ve worked as a stylist before
- Ability to work between 15-25 hours each week
- Must own laptop or computer in good working condition, in addition to a mouse and access to a reliable and consistent internet connection while working from home
- Be available to attend a mandatory 1-day training at Bombfell’s HQ in midtown Manhattan
- Be available to attend mandatory meetings in the Bombfell office
- Ability to self-motivate and self-start to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills to write personalized and thoughtful messages to clients
- Excellent customer service skills, specifically in a client-facing environment (online or other)
- Strong computer skills with experience navigating online platforms
- Professional with a positive attitude
- Familiarity with social media
- A passion for men’s fashion and helping others look their best!
Our clients (and thus we) care about punctuation, grammar, spelling and sentence structure. So before clicking “Submit Application”, we highly encourage you to proofread your responses.