Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
HigherEducation partners with many of the most recognizable names in the online education industry to help them build their programs and expand student bases.
Headquarters: Houston, TX
We have 75M annual site visitors and we are very good at what we do. We also love to use cutting edge technologies to make developer life enjoyable and more productive.
Last year, we drastically improved the performance and architecture of our React + Node + Docker apps as our application traffic tripled. This year, we're building new features, making some things serverless/Lambda, beefing up our tracking and analytics, and running a bunch of A/B tests take things to the next level. (Next year, who knows just how high we can fly!)
We're looking for more remote (anywhere in the US) or on-site (Houston) engineers to join the team to help us hit these goals and keep making use of the great new tech that is emerging every year.
Pay is competitive, benefits are great (e.g. 6% 401k matching), the team is tons of fun, and a great work/life balance truly makes you enjoy the time spent on the job.
Bonus points go to the contestants displaying:
- Meaningful experience with React apps - you've done it, you have opinions, lessons learned and perhaps some horror stories
- Meaningful experience with building Node.js API's - you can spin up an API complete with DB and auth with no hand-holding. You also know how to improve performance when requests get slow.
- Essentially, you love to be involved with the whole stack minus Ops and aren't afraid to take on new and challenging areas, whether it's machine learning, DevOps, or in-depth CSS optimization.
Benefits & Perks:
- Production experience with building and consuming GraphQL API's
- Strong knowledge of Docker (we deploy everything via Docker)
- AWS – specifically EC2, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, VPC
- Experience with Docker CI workflows using hosted or on-prem CI platforms such as CircleCI, Codeship, DroneCI, Jenkins, etc
- DNS, load balancing, failover & scaling strategies
- Having the right emoji and gif for every situation
- The short of it: we want you to be really glad that you work here and laugh when recruiters email you opportunities elsewhere
- 6% 401k matching
- 100% health / vision / dental for you & subsidies for the rest of your family
- 15 vacation & sick days / yr.
- Flexible hours - getting the work done and communicating well is what matters most
- Gym membership reimbursement up to $100/mo - because those biceps aren't going to grow themselves
- You get to work with Chad. Believe me, we all appreciate this.
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org