Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero, Inc. is helping 200,000+ borrowers manage and eliminate over $3.5 billion dollars in student loan debt. We’re on a mission to help 44 million Americans manage their student loans smarter.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Business Development Associate do?
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Development, the mission of the Business Development Associate is to grow Student Loan Hero’s partnership marketing channels and manage day-to-day relationships with our partners. As part of this team, you will be analyzing large data sets and providing recommendations to drive revenue growth across a variety of verticals. You will also identify new partnership opportunities and assist in outreach, negotiation, deal structuring, and implementation. Through competitive research and data analysis you will play an integral part in helping shape SLH’s business strategy.
The role of the Business Development Associate is crucial to Student Loan Hero’s mission to provide the best educational resources to help student loan borrowers improve their financial health.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of partnership efforts including partnership management, reporting, analytics, and technical integration
- Build relationships with key partners and identify opportunities to drive growth and optimization across a variety of verticals
- Analyze data and pricing structures to drive revenue growth recommendation
- Prospect, pitch, structure, and negotiate partnerships across a variety of verticals
- Collaboratively work with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Legal to establish, launch, and grow new and existing partnerships
- Become an expert in the fintech space by conducting competitive analysis and research on new products and verticals
- Ensure partner and campaign compliance with all partners
- Handle ad hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 35% – Management of existing partnerships
- 35% – Data analysis to optimize partner performance
- 20% – Identifying and modeling new partnership opportunities
- 10% – Other miscellaneous projects
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Los Angeles, Santiago, and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Jira, Zoom, and other tools is key for us. Don’t worry—you won’t be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency – we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of affiliate marketing/business development experience at a high-growth tech firm or corporate finance/consulting/investment banking experience
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to work under limited supervision
- Knack for balancing multiple projects at the same time and working cross-functionally
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office tool-set (Excel ninja, Powerpoint guru)
- Strong communication skills (ability to present information and articulate thoughts clearly)
- Resourceful – ability to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Proven track record in leveraging data to make informed decisions
- Not afraid to “get your hands dirty”
- Availability to travel up to one week per quarter for work-related activities and events
- Experience in personal finance is preferred
- Experience working remotely is preferred
- Experience managing projects, partnerships, and 3rd-party vendors is preferred
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and 75% for dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.