Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: London, UK
We are looking for a Freelance front end developer to do 4 days of work over the first 2 weeks of June 2018. And after that, if everything goes well, we would like to add them to the group of freelancers that we regularly call on to work with.
You will be taking a design (probably in Zeplin.io) and turning it into a growth-focused microsite, an example of which is here.
We’re a remote-working first organisation and are happy to hear from anyone within a time difference of 1 hour of London who is willing to work London hours. You will also have the option to work from our London office in Hoxton.
To apply for this role, please fill out the short application form here: https://forwardaction.typeform.com/to/bVoAk8
by 11:59 pm on 7th May 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a short interview via a video call.Who we are
Forward Action is a full service digital agency for progressive causes. We work with clients from campaign conception through to results, creating strategies, content and tools to get the job done.
Our clients are some of the most exciting and impactful organisations in campaigning, including Greenpeace, The Labour Party, Amnesty International, WaterAid, and SumOfUs.Abilities and experience you’ll need to have
Abilities and experience that are nice to have
- 2+ years experience building responsive web pages
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively and coming up with solutions to web development problems
- Being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisation and attention-to-detail
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We know it’s not possible for any applicants to have all these skills - it’s likely you’ll be able to bring a few of the following to our team:
Why work with Forward Action?
- Experience working within a PHP MVC application
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform, specifically Google App Engine
- A solid understanding of online user experience (e.g. how to lay out a web page to improve conversion rates)
- Experience working at an agency
- Experience building WordPress themes
- Experience setting up Google Analytics / GTM
- Experience setting up AB tests
Our values are critical to us: we will only work with causes that make the world a better place. You will get to work with some of the most inspiring and impactful organisations in the sector, and spend your days helping win progress on everything from climate change to access to clean water in developing countries.
You will be working at the cutting edge of digital campaigning. We recognise that what we do can always be tested and improved, so we constantly pursue innovation. We are an agile, fast-moving team, and you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop and expand your skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity company and are committed to giving equal opportunities to everyone who applies for this role. Our team is open, inclusive, friendly, respectful and kind.
To apply: To apply for this role, please fill out the short application form here: https://forwardaction.typeform.com/to/bVoAk8 by 11:59 pm on 7th May 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a short interview via a video call.