Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Career Opening: Software Development Engineer in Test (backend, automation, tooling)
The Fluent Forever mobile application is the most successful crowdfunded app in history, and for good reason: we are about to build the most powerful language learning platform in the world. We are looking for key team members who want to help us ship an amazing product, and then actively help us make it even better.
Are you able to excel in a startup environment? If you're a good fit for our team, then the following should sound exciting and awesome, rather than panic-inducing and terrible:
- You are able to work from home, communicating and collaborating with our international team.
- You have excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- You know how to own your areas of responsibility, to keep the team consistently updated with your status, and to be flexible enough to adapt to new needs as they arise. We are a growing and rapidly changing company, and as a result, your role will grow and change rapidly as well.
Do you have solid experience shipping quality software in every stage of the software development lifecycle? Are you are ready to step into a bigger role, with a larger impact on a project? Do you yearn for opportunities to push your skills with new challenges? If so, this position may be the right fit for you.Responsibilities:
As a back-end software development engineer in test, you will own the testing of our service layer.
Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with testers, developers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-tested features
- Understand our customers and the service impacts of satisfying their needs
- Build our automated testing environment and infrastructure
- Review feature and API design specifications and develop a complete test plan
- Create, update and execute test cases, automation, and tools to meet all testing needs
- Ensure code is tested at the appropriate level (unit, functional, integration, etc.)
- Define, implement, and analyze metrics to determine the health of our product and the effectiveness of our test processes
- Research and recommend new technologies and best practices
- Investigate, track, triage, and regress bugs
Core Skills & Experience:
- A special blend of curiosity, passion, and technical expertise
- Strong software development skills, including solid data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Experience testing relational databases
- Experience designing and implementing automation for SaaS solution
- Ability to create automation and tools from scratch (C#, Java or C++ is a plus)
- Experience testing web services including performance, scalability and reliability testing
- Experience shipping professional software product(s) through the entire SDLC
- Excellent English language communication skills (written and spoken)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of QA experience including 3+ years of SDET/Automation/Development experience
- Amazon Web Services, REST, SQL, JSON, bash, telnet, SSL, globalization
- Ability to assist with cloud infrastructure, build systems, and operations is a huge plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com and indicate the position you are interested in.
Additional information about careers at Fluent Forever (and other open positions): https://fluent-forever.com/careers/
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org