Lead a project team of SW engineers through, design, development, integration, and implementation of light weight software stacks hosted on both specialized and general purpose compute and storage systems for asynchronous IoT communications networks and machine learning based data fusion frameworks.
- Software Defined Networking and Embedded System Architecture Development
- Mentoring and managing a team of skilled software engineers
- Architecting and configuring Linux networking components including:
- Strongswan IPSEC
- OpenVPN IPSEC
- OpenSSH Server
- IP Tables
- Network interfaces, Bridges, Tunnels (GRE, VTI, and IP-IP), Bonds, VLANs,
- Bird / Quagga routing (particularly OSPF), Route tables and network namespaces.
- DNS servers and host entries
- Writing and debugging programs/scripts in the following languages:
- BASH shell script
- Installing and configuring Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS Linux Servers and software stacks including: logging, VPN, web, database, and other servers from packages
- Installing and configuring Windows desktop and server onto physical and virtual machines, as well as installing and configuring software packages and services
- Utilizing Cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS: Instantiating, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting hosts and services
- Some familiarity setting up, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco devices, including Cisco IOS routers, Cisco ASA appliances, and Cisco Switches: Configuring for internet access, configuring ACLs and security policies,
Configuring IPSEC tunnels, Remote support operations.
- Experience providing technical support to customers with widely varying skill levels.
- Work will be performed in Alexandria Virginia (Preferred) or Columbia MD/Solana Beach CA
- Active Secret with eligibility for Top Secret U.S. Government Clearance
Candidates must have the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance, and will be subject to a US security background investigation. An active security clearance is preferred.
Parry Labs is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Our engineering teams are composed of senior experts and skilled engineers from a diverse set of backgrounds. These teams are brought together to support the executing of complex solutions we are tasked to develop for our customers. Working at Parry Labs offers you a chance to be exposed to a wide set of problems as you work across a diverse team to build new systems utilizing there newest technologies in each field. The Parry Labs engineering team spans:
- Radio Frequency Engineering
- Micro-Electronics Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- System Engineering
- Dev Ops Software Engineering
- Network Engineering
Working at Parry Labs allows you be challenged in new ways and be a key contributor to bringing the whole system together.