InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
The UX research team works directly with product managers and designers to create amazing products by understanding a user’s needs, goals, and motivations. You’ll be collaborating with design, product management, and others, to explore, identify, and solve impactful problems.
- 4+ years of experience in UX Research or a similar role
- A proven track record of success in working with designers, product managers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things
- Hands-on experience conducting UX research end-to-end, including research planning, remote testing, gathering insights, analyzing results, summarizing, and presenting findings
- Possess a broad skillset of qualitative and design research methods
- Familiarity with lean or agile UX research methods
- Basic understanding of quantitative data analysis
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts with clarity across a broad audience
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Work directly with product to assess research needs, both generative and evaluative, and develop appropriate research plans to support team objectives
- Inform and participate in product design decisions from ideation to launch; formalize research planning on both a strategic and tactical level
- Perform user interviews, contextual inquiry, group interviews, JTBD switch interviews, surveys, usability testing, and more using remote testing methods
- Identify the best UX research methods and tools to use for each project
- Work closely with data analytics team to deliver research findings from multiple data sources (A/B testing, usage metrics, and statistical analysis) as appropriate
- Share actionable findings and prioritized recommendations with teams on a regular basis
- Continuously refine user research methods and strategy into the core product development process and help create a more informed and more empathetic product team
- Evangelize research best practices across the company
- Contribute to product training and education regarding user research best practices
- Consult with teams to do their own research
- Longitudinal research, including beta groups and diary studies – some experience required, practice expected
- Tool selection and occasional auditing
- Propose strategic research we are *not* thinking about yet
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, or national origin.