GenealogyBank.com is one of the largest online newspaper archives for family history research. We deliver billions of valuable family history records, including rare, comprehensive collection of newspapers from the 1690's through today. GenealogyBank is a division of NewsBank, inc., one of the world’s premier information providers for more than 45 years.
GenealogyBank is seeking a senior front end developer to join our team. You will have demonstrated experience with website functionality and e-commerce systems.
You will have effective, cross functional communication skills as you work in conjunction with designers, back-end developers and marketing team to execute effectively.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to play a major role in taking one of the largest websites for family history research to the next level of success. We’re looking for a candidate who shares our enthusiasm for developing an amazing product and enjoys teamwork.
· Performance optimization work including: profiling, time to first byte, browser memory usage, decreasing the overall load time of applications and hitting first meaningful paint.
· Expertise in the latest front-end technologies (i.e., HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, etc.), as well as website development process and CMS publishing (Wordpress, Drupal etc.)
· Serve as the resident expert for all consumer marketing front-end development and e-commerce related questions and issues.
· Deep experience with Google Analytics, transactional and ecommerce platforms, CRM and ESP to develop, implement and oversee marketing technology stack.
· Drive all aspects of the development and implementation of SEO plans and campaigns.
· Oversee written code, manage and ensure ongoing training of front end developer to create, design, update, and modify web applications.
· Serve as a liaison with the development and marketing teams to design and implement new and on-going functionality of site to acquire new leads and subscribers.
Become a key member of our highly motivated team and share in our continued success. This position can be remote, or based in our Naples, FL, Keene, NH or Chester, VT offices.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans - VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply: Send cover letter and resume