Sensu is a well-funded young startup experiencing exponential growth thanks to strong market differentiation in the application and infrastructure monitoring space.
About the Position
Sensu is looking for a new member of our team to help shape the future of monitoring. Working closely with engineering teams, the Customer Success team provides outstanding technical support, implementation assistance and training for Sensu's software products.
The Customer Success Engineer position will care for the following responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for Sensu users in need of assistance, primarily via email but with occasional 1:1 video conferencing and screen sharing.
- Contribute to documentation, how-to guides and training materials, sharing these resources with our users via online and in-person training sessions
- Relay important product feedback and feature requests to our engineering teams
- On-call / after-hours availability will be required, though generally kept to a minimum (less than 10% of our customers have access to 24/7 support resources)
- Adhere to the Sensu Code of Conduct.
Our ideal candidate will have the required qualifications and meet most of the others. Please don't disqualify yourself if you feel you are missing one or two (or three even?) of the non-required skills – you probably have others or experiences that we didn't think to document here that may be just as valuable!
- [Required] Possesses significant experience providing technical support at a software vendor, SaaS or other IT service provider. Accustomed to remote troubleshooting via cooperative dialog with users, log analysis, remote screen or terminal sharing and other techniques.
- [Required] Hold a strong balance of operational skills while never shying away from the implementation details. - You have a favorite configuration management DSL, favorite cloud service provider and favorite operating system. You script what you can along the way.
- Balance the highly technical and time-sensitive nature of troubleshooting while maintaining an empathetic style of communication with our customers.
- Passionate about continually improving our customers' experience
- Interested in monitoring and observability.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Thoughtful, transparent, and humane approach to work.
- Competitive and transparent salary, $120,000 per year.
- Equity! Every member of Team Sensu receives equity in Sensu, Inc. (in the form of common stock options).
- Work from anywhere in the United States or Canada! We are a distributed team with flexible working hours and no central office location.
- 4-week minimum vacation policy, only used for full days off (20 days of PTO per year). Employees with unused vacation at the end of the year will have their access to company resources disabled until the new year (e.g. email, Slack, GitHub, etc), corresponding to their balance of unused PTO! If you manage to exhaust your PTO, additional PTO will be granted depending on impact to team objectives.
- Company paid holidays, based on the US Federal holiday schedule of 10 days per year (may be exchanged for alternate dates, e.g. personal days).
- Company provided health care for employees located in the United States (includes medical, dental, and vision coverage). Company pays 100% of premiums for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Company paid disability insurance (overlapping short-term and long-term coverage).
- Company paid life insurance policy, $100K guaranteed (no medical exam required).
- Monthly phone & internet allowance ($150/mo).
- Equipment allowance! We provide a $5,000 allowance for new employees, with a $1000 refresh every 12-months (go ahead, get that new iPhone!), and a $4,000 every 18 months for updating your laptop and other equipment.
Professional Development Opportunities
At Sensu, professional development is not only encouraged – it is expected. Individual career growth opportunities abound. Looking to level up some technical ability, advance your leadership skills, or continue your education? Whether you're beginning your career or mastering your craft, Sensu will help you get to the next level of you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sensu does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law (or human decency) in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Furthermore, we believe that homogeneous teams are not only boring, but also disadvantaged due to a lack of diversity (of vantage points, etc). We foster a welcoming environment for everyone and we would love for you to be part of it.