Reaction Commerce is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing Solutions (client & community) engineering team. As a part of the engineering team at Reaction Commerce, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the fastest growing open source commerce platform in the world. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the engineering team to work on enterprise client implementations, community code, and 3rd-party integrations on Reaction Commerce. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into reliable, quality software.
- Work with clients to determine their needs in regards to integration/extensions
- Collaborate with clients and provide technical leadership on how to best customize the software
- Build 3rd-party and client integrations using software best practices
- Create documentation for both clients and community for created packages
- Work with the core team to establish API’s for extending the core software
- Operate within a cross-functional distributed team to deliver reliable, performant, well-crafted software by agreed-upon deadlines
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- 2+ Years as a software engineer working on 3rd party solutions and integrations
- Experience with Node and the npm environment
- A strong understanding of the asynchronous programming model
- Experience with SQL, MongoDB, and other NoSQL databases
- Experience building integrations into ERP, Tax, Accounting, Inventory management, Payment gateways, and other 3rd parties essential to ecommerce storefronts.
- Experience writing automated scripts to transform and migrate large datasets from one platform to another.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management
- Experience developing for ecommerce or CMS platforms
- Understanding of open source software tools such as Git
- Experience maintaining or contributing to open source projects is a plus
- Experience in one or more other app containerization platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Mesos and DC/OS is a plus
- Motivated, self-starter who can work in a distributed team environment
- Open-minded mentality
- Goal-oriented personality
- Empathy for customers, community, and co-workers
- Tendency to teach others what you know and excitement for sharing knowledge
- Growth oriented mindset and a desire to be better today than yesterday
- Desire to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Critical thinker who will work to solve the right problem
- Cooperative attitude and an ability to pair program effectively with other engineers
- Ability to think holistically for a given project or problem
- Understanding of the intricacies of simultaneous development for both desktop and mobile targets
- Position: Full Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, stock options, medical and dental benefits
- Irregular hours and some weekends to support an international community and developer events like hackathons, conferences, user groups, team meetings and preferably at least 5 hours overlapping Pacific Standard Time.
At Reaction Commerce, we believe that the best results come from shared ideas. We’re an open source platform built on open source code, driven by modern technology and the spirit of our global community. Collaborate with us at our Santa Monica HQ, located just minutes from the beach, or work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Physical and mental health is important to us, which is why we offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, family leave, plus stock options, flexible office hours, free lunch, vacation stipends, and more.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, but we go above and beyond mere lip service. We welcome people of any gender identity, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, education level, identity, and self-identification. We think accessibility for people with disabilities is a priority, not an afterthought. We think neurodiversity is a feature, not a bug.
We believe in being inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of anyone who comes to us with the desire to build, collaborate, and lead. To learn more, visit our diversity statement.