Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Integrate our financial systems with blockchain currencies and banks
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scaleable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- Own, develop and maintain financial services
- 3+ years of experience as a backend developer
- Experience with Blockchain daemons such as Bitcoind, Litecoind or Parity
- Strong proficiency with Node.js and various frameworks
- Ability to handle the DevOps side of financial services using tools like Docker
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic experience with other languages such as: C++, Rust, or Go
- Desire to make the best trading platform out there
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
We're working on the future of currency and intergalactic financial freedom! Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies are the way forward. Payward's the name, Kraken's the game.
Our currency agnostic exchange and trading platform allows users to trade math-based, crypto, national currencies and other emerging assets. We support both simple conversion from one asset to another as well as leveraged margin trading, allowing users to take short positions.