At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 300 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Canva is a truly global product, and our internationalisation team is responsible for making Canva accessible to all 3.3 billion Internet users across the globe. We have seen amazing growth worldwide over the past year. To accelerate our growth curve, we’re looking for a self-driven and T-shaped Growth Marketer to lead all key projects in both markets.
Working alongside our head office in Sydney HQ you will …
- Strategize, launch and grow a local SEO and content marketing strategy
- Retain and engage users indefinitely by working cross-functionally with our email marketing and mobile growth teams
- Contribute to optimizing the Canva platform and product for the local markets
- Identify and prioritise key growth opportunities with data
- Native knowledge of local language
- Working knowledge of English language
- 1+ years in SEO and growing organic search traffic, not just doing “SEO”Strategic thinker: A lot of the challenges you’ll face will have no clear solution. There will be no step-by-step manual. No playbook. You’ll have to work with our team to come up with one. You’ll need to be comfortable approaching problems from the top-down.
- Persistent:You’ll spend a considerable part of your day experimenting. A lot of your experiments will fail. Although this is challenging, you’ll be the kind of person who will be raring to solve the problems ahead.
- Impact:And this is why it is imperative that you’re driven to make an impact. Sometimes, you’ll need to do work you consider to be less thrilling for a prolong period of time to find that light bulb moment. Oftentimes, what you find interesting might not be the most impactful things to do – we want you to know how to prioritize very carefully.
- Pragmatic:Your ducks are never going to line up. Data breaks. Engineering takes longer than expected. These are obstacles you’re excited to overcome. You’d ask yourself, “Given this is true, what would I do? What decisions do I need to make?” You don’t concern yourself with ideals. Instead, you build pragmatic solutions to Canva’s most critical problems.
Also we’d love it if you had…
- 1+ years in social media & influencer marketing that moves the needle
- 1+ years in CRM, email marketing or notifications
- 1+ years in paid or organic mobile growth
- Experience running a blog and working with designers and writers
- Experience with data analysis and using tools such as Google Analytics, SEMRush etc
- You’ll learn from and work with some of Australia’s and the world’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product and growth professionals
- You’ll also be able to make a huge impact for a company that is really only just getting started
- Check out our incredible culture!
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn’t just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work for everyone.