Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow and scale business in the cloud.
Our Customer Success team’s mission is to service our most critical business customers by facilitating adoption, best practice and growth, through onboarding and account management. Customer Success is an integral part of our company. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the technologies we use, and have experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer, you have the opportunity to influence product decisions that will greatly improve user experience.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success the Customer Success Manager will work to grow business on our platform and promote our customers to do more on DigitalOcean.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a someone who is passionate about propelling growth and increasing adoption of DigitalOcean’s product offerings. You’ll manage relationships with our business customers, partnering with solutions engineers to provide technical expertise and identify and drive migration and expansion opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will work with leads (new and existing) as their relationship and growth manager, ensuring that they are getting the resources they need to be successful.
- You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of DigitalOcean within organizations.
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist other teams in better supporting your customers
- Engage in consistent proactive customer calls and meetings to positively impact loyalty, revenue growth and successful use of platform and products
- Onboard new business to set them up for growth and success
- Proactively monitor and identify usage trends in order to uncover renewal risks, while supporting greater adoption rates
- Work independently within a team and collaboratively
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within DigitalOcean (be their voice!)
- Working with customers in our accelerator to ensure their success during and after the program.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Background with infrastructure, Linux, and the cloud ecosystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion of technology and customer advocacy
- Strong identity for our brand and team culture
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.