Business Development Manager
Gravity, launched in 2004, as the creative division of Phototype…one of the longest running, independently-owned brand-building companies in the US. Collectively, we employ over 275 brand leaders, strategists, designers, production artists, graphics application and workflow specialists, programmers, color scientists and printing experts in offices throughout the US, Europe and Asia.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for expanding the creative business and portfolio by selling our core service offerings, either individually or via a bundled solution, to potential leads. The ideal candidate has a strong background and demonstrated experience in selling creative services in a B2C/B2B environment and is comfortable working with senior-level decision makers, up to and including the C-level in targeted businesses. Core service offerings are: Innovation, Brand Strategy, and Design. Reporting to the SVP of Sales and Marketing, the Business Development Manager is a partner to the Vice President, Executive Creative Director and Brand Development Director of Gravity; planning, presenting, and strategizing.
**Only candidates with previous branding and design experience will be considered**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Negotiation and persuasion skills while being diplomatic and tactful
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to build and maintain productive relationships across the organization
· Strategic thinker-uses a consultative/relationship building sales approach
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking and innovative solution capabilities
· Handles self with finesse and diplomacy with an understanding of changing priorities, sense of urgency, execution of results and support for the team
· Is an effective, mature, self-aware team player who has a calming style
· Leads and initiates change effectively and is flexible and collaborative in all cross-functional responsibilities
· Operates with high integrity, is productive under high pressure, hands-on when needed
· Demonstrates excellent communication ability using strong listening skills and logical, systematic approach to assimilating and sharing information in all areas
· Strong knowledge of consumer products packaging, creative design, production artwork and print services helpful
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
· Has personality for and is comfortable with cold calling
· Pushes boundaries to uncover a client’s unmet business need
· Questions reality with his/her entrepreneurial spirit
· Ignites passion with an energetic personality
· Creates a better future for our clients and company
· Self-motivated and disciplined
· Effectively manages time
· Willing to constantly improve
· Openness and adaptability to change
· Strong problem-solver
· Able to prioritize and complete work assignments and projects in timely fashion
• 10+ years business development experience selling creative services in a CPG setting
• Strong network of relationships with c-suite strongly desired
• Experience outside the CPG landscape a plus
• Working knowledge of techniques in: planning and scheduling, gathering data, development of quotes and proposal preparation; compiling information, preparing reports, and analyzing and solving problems
• Computer proficiency including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In return for your talents, Gravity offers a dynamic work environment, competitive salaries, and full benefits effective your first day of employment including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, as well as education reimbursement, 401k and profit sharing plans.
For fastest consideration, please apply online through the Careers section of www.phototype.com.
No phone calls please.
Phototype is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes individuals of diverse talents and backgrounds