Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
At Lottery.com we’re assembling a world-class team of brilliant minds, resourceful doers and creative problem-solvers with a ‘find a way or make a way’ attitude. Founded in 2015 and based in San Francisco, California, Lottery.com is creating the next generation of lottery ticket sales & ticket management systems. We make buying and redeeming lottery tickets more convenient, secure and intelligent through our mobile application and online platform. We look for candidates that demonstrate what we call the “three Is” -- Intelligence, Integrity and Intrinsic motivation.
Our engineering team powers our entire product, both for our users and internal operations team. Engineering at Lottery.com is divided into several squads, each on the smaller side at 5-6 engineers. We bias towards passionate engineers who bring experience, well reasoned opinions and a variety of perspectives to the table. We encourage honest debate and emphasize concrete, forward-thinking solutions. We operate on a weekly schedule, have regular internal demos/tech talks, and a weekly retrospective. We’re experienced and confident but have no ego, we’re open minded and constantly looking for ways to improving ourselves and our processes.
- Design and implement key components of our technical infrastructure, including services supporting payments, lottery results, user management, ticket facilitation and more.
- Take ownership over mission-critical functionality that is consumed by our mobile, web and internal applications
- Work as a team with your peers, collaborating on architecture, mentoring teammates and pushing our entire stack forwards.
- Partner with sister squads, including frontend, growth and product teams on delivering a seamless experience across the board.
- Stay up to date on the latest innovations in our industry and in our tech stack.
- Help us push the boundaries on what a small team can produce and maintain with simple code and well thought out architecture.
- 5+ years experience working in backend applications, including expertise in NodeJS, and a familiarity with the Node community and best practices.
- A passion for writing and including automated tests with your code.
- Ability to work remotely and independently, but be available on Slack and sync up to our time-zone (PST) for meetings and discussions.
- A working knowledge of infrastructure and managing cloud-hosted applications in production.
- Familiarity and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment
- An ability to always focus on the company objectives and the mission at hand.
- Constant positive, can-do attitude that helps motivate and encourage your whole team.
- Ability to pass background check, has appropriate work authorization
- Honorable discharge (military only)
- Experience working with microservice architectures on “severless” platforms
- Familiarity with event sourcing
- Expertise with MongoDB / RabbitMQ
- Comfortable with / passionate about giving internal tech talks / writing for company engineering blog
Make People Happy.