Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
As Backend Developer in the Visca Web team, your role will be essential to the implementation of new features and the ongoing improvement (UX enhancements, performance optimisations) of the company's entire range of web products and APIs.
- Solid experience coding clean, object-oriented, namespaced Java and/or PHP (and an interest in learning new languages).
- Team player with a positive mindset, willing to find reliable solutions that fit the projects needs and their constraints.
- The ability to communicate in English (if you’re not fluent, we’ll help you learn/practice, but you must know the basics).
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Scalable systems.
- Amazon Web Services / Deployment Tools / Docker.
- Symfony2 (advanced/expert level).
- (Bonus) Experience in creating automated tests (TDD / Unit Test / Acceptance Test / Functional Tests) and continuous integration tools.
- (Bonus) Familiarity with databases, Kotlin, Symfony, WebSocket, Varnish or any related technologies.
- (Bonus) Experience working on high traffic websites / conducting stress tests.
- (Bonus) Interest in sports.
This position is a full-time one, based in our Barcelona office. Possession of a valid work-permit for Spain is a must.
In case of freelance, we require a minimum availability of 20 hours per week, remote work accepted but presence at our Barcelona office required (ideally one day per week).
***** We have these great benefits to offer you: *****
- A stimulating work environment.
- Free Coffee + monthly Team Lunches.
- The excitement to work on products with high potential.
- Regular time slots for Personal Development
- High-level Futbolin games.
- Apple Macbook Pro for all team members.
- Tickets for FC Barcelona live football games.
- 23 days of annual paid leave (+ public holidays).
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
***** What more is in it for you *****
Using a football analogy, we are more in line with the team ethics of Diego Simeone's Atletico Madrid than that of Florentino Perez's Real Madrid. In a few words: No Galacticos here, the Star is the Team.
That team is a mix of youth and experience. It is diverse (7 different nationalities at the moment) and its members are hungry to learn, grow and share. We champion a stimulating environment where autonomy, ownership, initiative and exchange are valued and encouraged. Micro-management is not our idea of how a team should work.
Working hard and having fun in the process: this is how we want to live our adventure together.