Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
The customer support team is the heart of the Flywheel organization. At other companies, support is an afterthought – often a second class citizen – but not here. At Flywheel we live and breathe customer support, and are looking for some amazing people to help us continue to provide an exceptional experience to our customers.
Our support team (we call them Happiness Engineers), focuses on going the extra mile to make sure our customers are happy. They help with all types of issues ranging from servers down to recommending plugins.
Think you’re a perfect fit?
Here’s just a little taste of what we’re looking for
OUR IDEA OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO…
- Has a desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs
- Has intermediate knowledge of WordPress and WordPress Plugins and Themes
- Holds basic to advanced knowledge of Apache and NGINX
- Holds basic to advanced knowledge of MySQL
- Is comfortable with the command line/general internet infrastructure (DNS / SFTP Linux, etc.)
- Is willing to learn new things, and has an aptitude for technology
- Has familiarity with server infrastructure providers (Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Has experience accurately describing and communicating issues to clients with and without developer backgrounds
THIS ROLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Responding to email tickets, online chat or phone calls to help Flywheel customers with their website issues
- Troubleshooting the most technical of issues, escalated from our Tier 1 support team
- Debugging performance issues related to PHP and/or WordPress sites using New Relic or similar tools
- Digging into and solving technical issues related to anything along the LAMP stack
- Combing through logs to identify errors being generated from code being executed on the server
Flywheel’s customers are some of the top designers and agencies in the world, and they build beautiful, amazing websites with WordPress. The job of the support team (and everyone at Flywheel) is to help them focus on doing what they love – and leave the hosting to us. If you’ve built WordPress sites, love solving problems for people, and are ready to join a fast-growing company, we’d love to hear from you.