Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
About AgTech Guide
We are an independently funded company, building an agriculture technology (AgTech) information, data and review platform for the $7 Trillion food & agriculture industry. You can think of it as TripAdvisor for farm technology (with some elements of consumer reports, wirecutter and many other review sites).
We are looking for a developer to come onto our project part-time / half-time. There is opportunity to move to full-time as well based on mutual fit. We require a minimum availability of 15 hours per week.
Our wordpress site is a Custom Wordpress Genesis framework theme, some familiarity with Genesis is absolutely required.
We have many many things to build, fix and design on front and back end. Some include - Payment, Subscription management, permissions, dynamic layouts pulling in information from related post types (we're using ACF), and much more.
There are many things to style as we build them. We hope you can handle the small things front end, and we'll hire a front-end dev / designer to pair you with for more advanced design.
- Pay is competitive based on skill level, experience, location, time zone and availability
- For Part-time, we'll set a fixed number of hours per month and pay weekly or bi monthly, plus do an optional overtime rate.
- We believe in flexibility and high quality of life. All we care about is that quality work gets done and that we communicate effectively.
- Proficient in English
- Minimum of 5 total years coding, minimum 3 years experience coding skills with WordPress
- Experience with Genesis Framework
- Experience developing custom themes, custom post types and creating custom plugins
- Professional level backend and frontend coding skills
- Experience with wordpress at scale
- Excellent knowledge of mysql and managing databases for WP optimization
- An excellent knowledge of PHP
- Good knowledge of JS and jQuery
- Ability to work with Git
- Experience creating, building and working with APIs
- Knowledge in WordPress security and optimization
- Excellent time management skills and ongoing communication about how things are going relative to deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English