The Buffer marketing team delights in helping people find success on social media and advocating for a more humane workplace. We are a cohesive, dedicated, fun-loving bunch who are committed to driving awareness for Buffer and acquiring customers for the product. We emphasize high-quality work. We value respect, trust, and affirmation. We want each teammate to feel fulfilled in their work. Want to join us?
FULL-TIME · REMOTE
Join the Marketing Team as a Marketing Engineer
Our marketing efforts reach more than 10 million people and bring in more than 30,000 new Buffer users each month. We’d love a marketing engineer to join us to help take those numbers to new heights. You’ll be shipping new tools, iterating on what’s working, and experimenting with us to reach and serve more Buffer customers!
As a Marketing Engineer at Buffer you will:
- Work closely with the marketing team to brainstorm and deliver new ways to connect with our audience. Take a look at our Salary Calculator and our End of Year Report for some examples of the type of work you’ll be doing!
- Create custom apps, pages, and websites that support Buffer’s marketing goals. You’ll own these projects from start to finish.
- Take a wireframe or ‘back of the napkin’ concept and fully own the creation process: You’ll turn the wireframe into a polished design, then build it, then ship it!
- Own and maintain our marketing pages. You’ll keep us looking our best, and you’ll collaborate with the team on new ideas, experiments, and optimizations.
- Own the technical aspects of tracking and collecting our marketing data and research and learn new technologies to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our data pipelines.
- Improve our existing systems by optimizing the tools and workflows we already have in place
- Maintain our existing WordPress blogs and marketing pages.
- Run experiments and A/B tests to maximize the effectiveness of marketing pages
- Demonstrate how incredibly valuable it can be to combine a marketing mindset and engineering skills! This is a new role for us and it’s a chance for you to help define it for others!
Helpful skills and experience
- You have an online portfolio that shows your design and implementation skills
- You understand the deadline-driven nature of marketing launch plans and are good at working with others to make tradeoffs to meet those deadlines.
- You enjoy working on a lot of different types of projects and are good at managing overlapping schedules.
- You’re comfortable working quite independently. You will be the most technical team member on the marketing team and will be doing all the building of these products.
- Previous experience working with marketing teams. Familiarity with marketing funnels would be really helpful.
- Experience customizing WordPress themes and plug-ins would be useful.
What We Value
Clear communication, transparency, open-mindedness, empathy and patience are just a few of Buffer’s cultural values. We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. Here’s a guide on how we strive to communicate with customers.
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer that has the chance to add teammates from anywhere in the world! We’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you’re excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
- Technology: Get hooked up with a laptop to do your best work.
- Learning & development stipend: To encourage our teammates to be their best selves, we offer a small stipend for any course or training they’d like to do.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US based.
- Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $76k – $103k per year.
- Work remotely: Live and work from wherever you feel happiest.
- Stock options: Joining the Buffer journey means you can choose to own part of the company.
- Unlimited time off: Our only policy is that you give yourself a break regularly.
- Retreats: Join us on annual international company retreats! Our last retreat was in Madrid, Spain.
- Free books (and Kindle): All you can read, no questions asked.
- Family Leave: If your family grows during your time at Buffer, we recommend taking anywhere from 1-3 months of family leave, regardless of when you joined.
Where You’ll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the whole planet. We have Bufferoos across 15 countries, 11 timezones and 42 cities, scattered around the world to build a better culture and product. As a member in our team, you will work in the place that makes you happy, that inspires you daily, and helps you to become the person that you wish to be.
More about how we work remotely →
See where the Buffer team is now →
Still reading? We want to hear from you!
Answer a few questions about what you’d be excited to bring to the team at Buffer.
Here’s a tentative hiring timeline for this role:
Feb. 8-Feb. 28: Apply to join our team!
Feb. 28-March 9: We’ll spend time reviewing applications.
March 12-April 6: Follow-up interviews with the team.