1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. Our goal is to put the power of spread-sheet style, iterative analytics, on Big Data into the hands of Spreadsheet Analysts at thousands of companies worldwide.
1010data is already an essential tool for more than 850 of the world’s top retail, distribution, manufacturing, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, RiteAid, and Sysco. With more than 32 trillion rows of data currently under management, our unique database technology is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Full Stack Engineer interested in joining a small team architecting and building a new application for our customers. You will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our architecture decisions, design patterns, and code structure. You will have a lot of freedom while working at a fast-growing company on an exciting new product line.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will:
- Architect, design, and build Java and Scala microservices written to connect our powerful backend with front-end frameworks for UX Development
- Collaborate closely with the team to plan and prioritize our roadmap
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design and develop tests to ensure the application is highly performant, scalable, and responsive, even on huge data sets
Our Tech Stack(s) includes:
- Microservices using Play 2 Framework, and occasionally NodeJS
- Vue / AngularJs for web apps
- 1010data for distributed, parallel processing on Big Data
- GitHub, Atlassian, for development tools
- Testing with JUnit, Karma, and Selenium
- AWS infrastructure, Nginx, Redis, MongoDB
What do we look for in a candidate?
- Proficient in Scala/Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and experience writing scalable reusable code
- Experience building microservices, including strong knowledge in design and architectural patterns
- Experience with Play 2 Framework
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Working knowledge of distributed data technologies (e.g Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Proficient understanding of source control tools, such as Git
- Ability to quickly grasp new technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a STEM related discipline
What do we offer?
- If in San Diego office – fantastic office location right on the beach (remote work possible if that’s more your thing)
- If in New York office – location in the middle of Manhattan in a growing technology hub
- Startup level ability to impact design and architecture for a new product – but at a 250 person company with real systems in place too (and competitive compensation)
- Interesting problems and smart coworkers
- Opportunity to grow your skills and learn new ones
- Developer setup of choice (MacBook Pro, multiple monitors, etc…)