Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help users all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, and we empower everybody to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at what we do: Our users love our high quality product and have confirmed this by giving us 4.5+ stars in the app stores. To keep us satisfying our users as we expand komoot, we are looking for a passionate quality assurance specialist to join our team and help us continue to build the future of outdoor exploration.
Your key responsibilities
- Monitor and improve the quality of komoot’s iOS, Android and web apps in collaboration with our team of developers, designers, copywriters, and product experts.
- Define relevant tests and execute them for new and existing features.
- Assure the quality of new features through cross-checking behavior, design and copy.
- Keep an overview of bugs and help us enhance/prioritize them in collaboration with developers and our support team.
- Test the product in real world outdoor use cases.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work on an award winning, global product and you’ll tangibly improve the user experience for millions of people.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your home or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people.
- You’ll work together with developers to improve and streamline testing processes and tools.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
- You’ll use and improve software that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, reliable and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to use and improve an awesome product for a great user experience by testing it in real world use cases.
- Have proven experience providing quality assurance support for high quality mobile and web apps (2+ years).
- Understand that perfection is impossible but set it as the goal anyway.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles.
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work (e.g. PDFs, Slideshare, etc.).
- Something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
- As we love people that go the extra mile, you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot.
We Love What We Do
Komoot is the world’s leading outdoor app. We offer modern explorers best-in-class tech so that hikers and bikers have topographic maps, turn-by-turn navigation, recommendations on cool places and more at their fingertips.
The Freedom To Rock Your Craft
The world’s leading outdoor app, komoot hires the best folks to do what they love. Have a passion for the great outdoors and an ability to get things done? You might be the superstar we’re searching for.