Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: Sydney Australia
ManageFlitter – http://manageflitter.com
– is a multi-award winning SaaS Social Media management product. ManageFlitter has been used by over 3 million people around the world with paid customers from over 100 countries.
We believe Social Media is changing the world and we love being part of the change.
Our headquarters are in Sydney Australia but over 50% of our team is based outside of Australia. Our team and processes are structured as remote first.
We are looking for someone with solid technical experience and a preference for working with a small smart team to join us for a 3 month contract (possibility for renewal). The successful candidate will be responsible for an infrastructure migration project.
This project includes planning, documenting and delivering outcomes with clear objectives to improve the maintainability, scalability and reliability of the platform infrastructure.
Team is everything and we are proud of the great ManageFlitter and ManageSocial team that we have built. You can find out a little about our team here -> https://manageflitter.com/careers
To ensure that the team remains of a very high standard we follow a fairly rigorous hiring process:
- Initial 10-20 minute Skype chat.
- Technical task: a custom designed technical task that allows us to gain insight into your approach to solving technical problems: 2-4 hours for someone familiar with our stack.
- Technical interview: in depth technical chat based on your technical task: 1-2 hours.
- Skype chat with 1-2 additional team members - 1 hour.
- Plan and implement the migration of our current LAMP stack and related infrastructure from Rackspace to AWS.
- Build, document, configure and manage cloud based infrastructure in AWS using repeatable configuration management tools such as SaltStack.
- Work closely with the development team to build and document a CI / CD pipeline for our legacy platform.
- Automate day to day tasks using SaltStack and other tools.
- Manage instrumentation and monitoring service integrations such as Logz.io, Datadog, and Sensu.
- Respond to system alerts, prioritise and resolve incidents to maintain / restore service.
- Enable the business to achieve and maintain operational excellence.
- High-level strategic involvement in system architecture, reliability and security related decisions.
- Management of server / service life cycle including:
- Build, provisioning, maintenance and deployment of cloud servers on both Rackspace and AWS (configuration management and orchestration)
- Maintenance and configuration of production software packages
- Ownership and responsibility of security on the ManageFlitter platform infrastructure, including:
- Managing security maintenance and updates
- Performing security audits
- Staying up to date with modern security vulnerabilities, issues and paradigms
- Working on a very large technology platform that performs complex, high volume operations.
- Outstanding English communication skills.
- 5+ years experience working with Rackspace Cloud Services and / or AWS.
- Experience working with SaltStack to automate configuration of cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience building, configuring and maintaining LAMP / LEMP stacks.
- Proven track record of planning and implementing a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Familiarity with security concepts and processes.
- Experience with PHP and MySQL.
- Available for time crossover with Sydney between 9am - 5pm AEST for at least 3 hours each day.
This may be the role for you if you tick the following boxes:
- Have been a go to person in your current or previous roles to discuss data platform architecture.
- Know how to ask the right questions and discuss complex technical concepts with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task multiple high priority projects and tasks.
- Have a passion for solving complex technical problems.
- Work well within a team and actively engage and contribute your experience in open discussions.
- A resilient problem solver with an optimistic outlook.
- Driven to continuously improve the way we work.
- You can manage your own tasks and don't need others to tell you what needs to be done.
- Continuously learning and share what you have learned with the team.
- Have a habit of documenting as you go.
- Have a bias for action and don't hesitate to interact with colleagues to get things done.
- Understand that not everything is technical and that the processes are just as important.
Our company culture is easygoing but hardworking. We believe in work-life balance but we also all enjoy being part of a fast moving focused and productive team.
We are committed to creating a culture where every team member can do their best work.
If the above sounds like a role you may be interested in please apply! We would love to hear from you.
To apply: Please apply at the following page: