Pioneering advancements in blockchain technology infrastructure, Blockstream is the leading company extending Bitcoin at the protocol level to support a broad range of new asset types and financial markets. Blockstream supports values of decentralization, privacy, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovation.
We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented software test engineer to improve the tools and processes we use to test our software and produce secure builds. We take security very seriously. This is not a peripheral role.
In this role, you will work with Blockstream’s software engineers, security experts, and cryptographers to extend our reputation as a world-class provider of secure, hardened systems.
- Improve test coverage, including unit tests, integration tests, load tests, and stress tests
- Build tools and processes to monitor test coverage and code quality
- Build infrastructure to consolidate and analyze log files
- Develop test harnesses, continuous integration hooks, and test automation infrastructure
- Develop testing and release processes that extend our brand reputation as a provider of secure, hardened systems
- Maintain and eventually rewrite our deterministic build processes and tools
- Develop tools to automate configuration and monitoring
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development or testing of complex, mission-critical, distributed systems
- Strong Linux systems administration skills
- Adversarial thinker who can anticipate potential bugs and security threats
- Strong scripting skills in more than one language (e.g. bash, Python)
- Ability to work well with a highly distributed team
- Exceptional attention to details
- Life-long learner who can grow into the role
- Experience with C, C++, Python, Rust is highly desirable
- Experience with Bitcoin or other major open source blockchain projects
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e,g, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) to automate deployments and manage systems
- Experience with GitLab CI
- Expertise with complex build systems
- Experience with open-source or open-hardware projects
- Fintech experience
- Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the text "Software Test / Release Engineer, Blockchain applications" in the subject line.
Pioneering advancements in cryptocurrencies, open assets and smart contracts, Blockstream is the first company extending capabilities at the protocol level to support the application of Bitcoin and blockchain technology to a broad range of asset types. Sidechains, the extension mechanism of Bitcoin, allow expansion of Bitcoin’s feature set in an open and interoperable way. A champion of Bitcoin’s ethos, Blockstream supports decentralization, end-to-end security, user control and open, permissionless innovation.