Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We are currently developing an exciting new camera app called Chomp. This app allows you to capture mouthwatering dining experiences and share them with friends.
In the United States, there are 53M people who take pictures of their meal while dining in restaurants, however, 60% of these users do not post their pictures on social media. 80% of Snapchat users use the app in restaurants, however, most people don't tend to post their pictures on social media because they prefer to share their dining experiences privately with friends. For this reason, there is a need for an app that allows users to privately share their experiences.
It is our aim to make Chomp the most widely used camera app for dining experiences not only in the U.S but also all over the world.
We are looking for a talented individual who can help us to shape our product and culture from a long-term perspective.
As a core member in the initial stages, you will be working alongside us to develop our product from the current prototype stage until it is ready for launch, as well as, be involved in future stages of product growth.
Although our tech stack is evolving rapidly, however, we are building the front-end with React Native + GraphQL and the backend with Ruby on Rails. Experience with any of those technologies is a plus, however, we're also open to speaking with talented engineers who can pick up things quickly.
- Be involved in every aspect of the development process (ideation to launch)
- As a team player, you will need to frequently communicate and cooperate with various teams to ensure that all stages run smoothly until the product is launched.
- Work with frontend and backend projects to build a high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Delegate tasks to team members when necessary and consult with other team members when uncertain.
- Keep an interest in the latest technology/information to increase the team’s curiosity.
- Strong working knowledge of Test driven development
- Basic understanding of React or React Native with a strong desire to learn (experience not necessary)
- Experience with full-stack development
- Skillful at writing reusable, quality codes
- Experience with consumer mobile applications
- Experience developing high quality software products within an engineering team
- Startup experience or experience working in small teams
WHO WE ARE
- 7 foodies who are creating a mobile app that we can use with our friends and family
- We are currently a small team consisting of a CEO, 5 engineers, and a designer.
- A remote friendly team with employees located in London, Tokyo and San Francisco where our headquarters is located.
- Successful entrepreneurs and engineers who have built large scale systems from scratch.
- Raised $2.5M in funding from some of Asia’s top investors.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary / Stock options package
- PTO: 15 days vacation plus national holidays
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Reimbursement of costs incurred from usage of co-working space
- Business trip opportunities to America (1-3 times yearly)
To apply: https://chomp.workable.com/jobs/620432