At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re looking for a Head of Global Recruiting to lead the teams that drive our global recruiting and recruiting operations. You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, are data driven and technically savvy and have a passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical, long term thinking about how we scale the recruiting function with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. You love managing a team and developing your people.
- Bring your vision and passion for recruiting systems and processes to a global scale
- Promote continuous improvement of our recruiting processes and operations at Elastic through leadership, guidance and education
- Create an extraordinary candidate and new hire experience, in coordination with our People Operations team
- Translate global hiring targets into recruiting strategy and plans, in partnership with managers, executives and Finance
- Establish metrics and dashboards and a reporting cadence
- Manage relationships with placement agencies and retained search firms as needed
You are / have:
- 10+ years of broad recruiting and business experience, with at least 5 years leading a recruiting function in a fast-growth technology company. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Analytical with the ability to develop and analyze metrics and hard and soft data to regularly inform the work and report to management. Dig into complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- A strategic, analytical thinker who isn’t afraid to roll up ones sleeves and get into the weeds; passion for problem solving
- A role model for collaboration for your team and your colleagues who seeks insights from others in the interest of a better outcome
- An effective communicator who keeps others abreast of what is going on, asks for input, provides help when asked and offers when not asked
- A strong customer service orientation and understanding of the importance (and challenges!) of managing internal clients, being responsive to needs, and effectively setting expectations
- The ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
- Competitive pay, benefits and stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.