Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Elastic is the company behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects. We help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data. We are delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans over 100 countries.
We are seeking a talented writer to join the Logstash team and help us create extraordinary documentation. Logstash is a popular, open source tool for connecting systems together and making system administrators’ lives happier. If you love translating complex concepts into simple language for a technically savvy audience, this job is for you!
- Write documentation about installing, administering, and using Logstash.
- Maintain and edit documentation for community-contributed plugins.
- Develop and test sample code.
- Write API documentation.
- Work with Development and Support to provide useful troubleshooting tips and tutorials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years experience as a technical writer with a focus on enterprise software.
- Experience writing API documentation.
- Experience developing and testing code samples.
- A clear, concise writing style and the ability to tailor content to specific audiences.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Comfortable shifting between projects and wearing a variety of hats.
- A track record of successfully working with multi-functional teams to deliver quality content.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Basic Linux or Unix command-line skills.
- Data integration, ETL, or data processing.
- Data visualization tools.
- Experience committing to an open source project.
- Working knowledge of Git and Github.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.