Headquarters: Redwood City, CA
Position Title: Technical Writer (Remote)
Reports To: CTO
Compensation: $75,000 - $95,000, depending on experience
Location: Negotiable: All Alliances Management team members work virtually
Dedication: Expected 40 hours/week with growth opportunities
Travel: Possibly, but dependent on client deadlines and requirements
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a customized introductory letter (which we really do read) to email@example.com. Applications should be received no later than 20 December 2017.
Alliances Management is an association management and consulting company with professionals located throughout the United States and satellite offices in Europe and Asia. We fulfill high-profile functions for international clients, including EMVCo and FIDO Alliance in the association space and eBay and Visa in the private sector. We have grown tenfold since our inception in 2006 because of our unwavering commitment to excellence. Our services include development of international programs, management of global events, financial management, and implementation of certification programs.
We are interested in hiring only candidates with extremely high standards and who believe that client satisfaction is not only essential in its own right, but also because it will bring long-term success to Alliances Management.
To learn more, visit www.alliancesmanagement.com.
Many of our clients operate in the payments or authentication industries, and they have a need for clearly written documentation to explain concepts to the right audiences. The right candidate for this role will have demonstrated success in technical writing for specifications and best practices documentation, as opposed to marketing writing, which involves translating these technical concepts into technically-oriented industry whitepapers. The right candidate will also have ample experience with technical editing.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for working directly with Alliances Management clients and their respective Working Groups and technical Committees. S/he will be customer-facing and be responsible for the following:
• Scoping and outlining requirements for various writing projects
• Writing technical Specifications, and revising them following Committee reviews
• Editing technical documents
• Managing and implementing templates
• Working directly with Working Groups and Committees to revise documentation
• Participating in client meetings as necessary
• Working with individuals across continents and time zones as necessary
The ideal candidate for the Technical Writer role should have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of three years’ experience writing & editing technical specifications, policy documentation, technical whitepapers, and/or related documentation
• Experience defining Operational Policy and Process Documentation
• Experience writing Technical Specifications or Technical Whitepapers
• Experience working in a member-driven standards organization, where member working groups are the primary stakeholder for deliverables
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical information clearly
• Experience in payments, security, authentication, or related industry
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of HTML and Markdown
• Experience with Git and GitHub
• Knowledge of Structured XML or LaTeX
• Project Management experience
• Degree in English, Communications, or Engineering
To apply: Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Please customize your cover letter to explain how your professional experience is the right fit for this role: we give primary consideration to those applicants who customize their cover letter and resume to demonstrate how their professional history is a fit for our unique industry. Please also include salary history/expectations, any additional information you would like us to know, and any questions that you have.