Headquarters: Copenhagen, Denmark
We are a fast growing startup, building an awesome product. We are looking for backend Ruby on Rails developers to help shape and take part in the process.About us
Conferize is on a mission to enable anyone to gather a community, share knowledge and create change. So we’re building a universal and social event solution to help event makers create the biggest impact. Without fuss or big budgets. Why? Because we need to meet.How We Work
At Conferize we strive to cultivate a multicultural environment where work, socializing and personal development go hand in hand. We invest in people who are driven and motivated and believe in changing the status quo. We love creative thinkers and selfstarters, who never wait to be told what to do.
We believe in a flat bottom-up organization of work where culture trumps policy. We have little-to-no ‘middle layer’, as our team work semi-autonomously and leadership is semi-internalized. We’re 100 % product-driven, operating with a zero bug policy and exceptional product design; how things look, how they work and how they’re built.
Like us you’re ambitious and professional, yet nice to be around. You have excellent standards for how you communicate and collaborate. We’ll give you everything you need to do your absolute best, most creative and challenging work – with the least amount of frustration. Oh, and we never outsource development and we don’t work with arbitrary deadlines, because we believe both lead to bad solutions.
Our main office is in Copenhagen and we work with flexible hours. Working remotely is an option if you’re in no more than 1 hour from our main time zone (Central European Time).
We believe in fewer great people than many average and invest in people who are self-driven. We have a zero-bug policy and actively try to avoid technical debt.General Requirements
Special Requirements for Remote Workers
- Excellent English communication skills.
- You work on a Mac.
- Have a team mentality. We help each other thrive in order to help our customers make great events.
- High degree of motivation and engagement.
- Collaborative, upfront, positive attitude.
- Effective, responsible and self-driven team players.
- Pragmatic but with a high attention to detail.
- You are within maximum 1 hour timezone difference.
- All positions are full time (37 hours pr. week).
- You must have high speed Internet and a quality video camera (720p+) and a good microphone for Google Hangouts.
- You must be able to travel to Copenhagen, Denmark (at our expense) team building get-togethers. It’s fun. We promise!
- You must be online throughout your work day during our core business hours 10 am to 3 pm CET.
The ideal candidate is a pragmatic generalist, has great communication skills and is able to juggle multiple tasks. We would love a fast learner but are right now looking for someone who can hit the ground running. Our stack is currently a mix of Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
What we offer
- At least 5 years of proven Ruby on Rails experience. Either professional, personal projects or open source.
- Good understanding of both SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database fundamentals.
- Good understanding of UNIX and shell scripting. You know your way around Linux.
- You prefer solid long-term solutions rather than quick fixes and hacks.
How to apply
- To be part of an adventure. With a great team of highly motivated and engaged individuals, who are also great team players. We are on an exciting journey towards something big.
- Option to work with the latest technologies, building a cutting edge product and user experience.
- Real participation and team work. You are not getting a list of stuff to do; you are part of the process of both deciding and doing. Your opinion is valued.
- Competitive salary/equity.
- Flexible vacation policy – take time off as you need it.
If you’re more than -1/+1 hour from the CET timezone you do not need to apply.
NOTE: If you are representing a developer or an outsourcing company we are not interested. Please do not email us.
Any questions? Just ask.
To apply: Email Rúben Fonseca at email@example.com with: your application, a few words about yourself and why you find the position interesting, up-to-date C.V. as a PDF or your LinkedIn profile, a link to your GitHub or other similar site if you have code to show. You can also attach a tgz with code samples. We will not hire anyone who can’t show code. Any questions? Just ask.