Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
MobyMax is an Educational Technology company that creates unique, individualized education plans for students in all K-8 subjects.
Used in over 73% of all K-8 schools in the United States with over 22 million students registered, MobyMax allows students to make tremendous progress while having fun! MobyMax creates global, research-powered curriculums that enable every child to learn twice as fast.
We are looking for talented System Administrator living in Eastern Europe who want to join our engineering team in building the future of education technology.
At Moby we are use a LAMP based tech stack to support over 22 million users (roughly half the schools in America use our software) giving you the opportunity to solve a variety of challenges at scale.
The position is remote allowing you to work from the comfort of your home, and requires the ability to read, write and speak in English. Our developers work 9am - 6pm EET.
We use Skype for most communication including voice calls so you must have conversational English skills.
- Automate the building of infrastructure
- Solution Design and implementation
- Manage monitoring environment using monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti
- Resolve operational issues, troubleshoot development problems
- Automate deployments
- Assisting IT/Operations with application environment setup
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the
- production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- At least 5 years of experience with Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- At least 5 years of experience working on Unix/Linux operating systems
- At least 5 years of experience with cloud service providers, AWS, RackSpace
- At least 5 years of experience scripting: Shell Scripts, Vagrant, Python, Bash, Powershell
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
- Sound database competence and knowledge, MySQL, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Percona
- Background with networking including Routing, IP, Firewalls etc
- Cyber security experience and PCI DSS
- Have experience with ElasticSearch, Kibana, LogStash.
- A passion for open source and web technologies
- Critical and quick thinker
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Work from home
- A computer that is not older than 3 years
- High speed internet
- Clear microphone / headset.
- Willing to work 45 hours per week
- Work 9am to 6pm in the Eastern European Timezone (EET)
MobyMax creates a unique, individualized education plan for each student, allowing gifted students to progress as quickly as they like while simultaneously ensuring that remedial students get the extra instruction they need.
To see what it is like for a teacher to use MobyMax in a classroom, have a look here: