Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: Leesburg, VA
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Lead UI Engineer is responsible for assisting with the technical oversight of the front-end architecture for the Triage product line at PhishMe.
PhishMe provides end-to-end cyber-defense solutions that help protect organizations and their people from the vast and growing threat posed by phishing-related attacks. We're expanding rapidly and looking for talented engineers, like you, that care about building great products that solve big problems.
In this role, you will lead our efforts to rethink, refactor, and rebuild the foundations that support the front-end. You will bring to bear your passion for design and engineering towards the creation of functional and elegant experiences for our users. Working with Product Management, UX and front-end engineering teams, you will drive forward the four pillars of front-end architecture: code, documentation, testing, and process. (Ref: Micah Godbolt's collection of thoughts on Front-End Architecture: https://github.com/micahgodbolt/front-end-architecture
- Collaborate with the engineering teams and other stakeholders on new product features providing feasibility and estimation detail.
- Support creation and maintenance of the technical roadmap for each product, providing relevant documentation and detail of the investments necessary to reach goals.
- Support front-end development teams to establish shared coding standards, consistent code quality, and continuous improvement.
- Effective communication is key and you should be able to modulate your approach to specific audiences both technical and non-technical.
- Architecture level technical oversight of the front-end for multiple products, you will lay the groundwork for development of elegant, robust user experiences using a modern approach to the web.
- Coordinate with back-end platform and API teams to understand impact and integrate with existing and future APIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in HTML and CSS with knowledge of web standards, advanced layouts, and responsive design.
- Comfortable with various build tools, template languages, and pre-processors.
- Maintains a test-centric approach to development in order to build and deploy with confidence.
- Familiarity with component based approaches to front-end applications.
- Demonstrated ability to make and support technical decisions as well as craft a technical roadmap to support investments to achieve a specific long term vision.
- Excellent understanding of browser security and performance.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and relevant shims, fallbacks, and polyfills.
- Passionate about design and the creation of elegant and functional user experiences.
- Have worked in Agile organizations in the past and participated in a Scrum or Kanban team.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in software engineering preferred.
- Experience with Vue.js preferred.
Qualities We Care Deeply About:
- Fun to work with.
- Love to share and collaborate.
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning.
- Work ethic and desire to see things through.
Why Working With Us Is Awesome
- People - smart, caring, and collaborative
- Benefits - competitive salary along with 401k (w/company match), health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecommute - flexible, remote first teams
- Impact - working on products that protect organizations and their people that are used by over half the Fortune 100
- Competitive salary and incentive stock options
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
To apply: To apply for this position, please follow the link below: