Couchsurfing is hiring a Community Support Associate. In this role, you’ll be the voice of Couchsurfing, supporting members who have questions or are reporting issues on the site. Your calm, super-friendly and professional demeanor in written communication will be one of your greatest assets. Requests will range from “how-tos” to complicated technical issues to questions about personal safety, and your analytical and comprehension abilities will help you decipher what is happening and how to best reach a resolution.
Your curiosity and attention to detail will help you learn the ins and outs of the Couchsurfing product and will help you troubleshoot technical issues. You are articulate, compassionate, well-organized and self-motivated.
This position is remote from your home. The position is shift-based with a variety of shifts.
We are looking to hire someone to work 20 hours / week on the following fixed schedule:
- Monday – Friday 1:00 am to 5:00 am PST (4 hour shifts)
- Supporting Couchsurfing members via written communication through our helpdesk
- Monitoring, researching, prioritizing and acting upon member requests
- Testing and logging site issues and efficiently communicating relevant information to update engineering staff with what they need to know. You will become specialist in knowing how Couchsurfing works.
- Helping out with product QA needs
- Superior written skills – your friendly personality is shown in your writing
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree or Student on track to complete your degree
- You’re ready to succeed in a fast-moving, collaborative startup environment
- Motivated, curious, and extremely dependable
- You’re proficient in Google Office suite and can quickly learn how to effectively use other computer programs
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); proficiency in written languages other than English is a bonus. Special consideration for French, Spanish, Portuguese, or German.
- Extra points for being an experienced Couchsurfer
Social environment and perks
- Flexibility of working from home