lte is looking for an experienced Senior Support Engineer to grow with our team. The position is remote, but if you are in Mexico City, or would like to relocate, we have a desk with your name on it (our office is in Paseo de la Reforma, near the Angel de Independencia).
Our head office is in the heart of New York City, and we have a core presence there but also many people located all over the world. We are a bunch of top-notch product people with a real passion for what we do. We are small but nimble, which we find to be a positive rather than a negative.
We are looking for a WordPress engineer with client-facing experience. You will be the face of our organization, working directly with our clients advising them how to get the most out of their digital assets, and then going on to implement your ideas. Behind the scenes you will be working with the rest of the team to ensure our clients' products are always working at an optimal level.
- Provide best-in-class support which makes our clients smile
- Don't just be reactive, understand our clients' needs and propose innovative solutions.
- Help our other support engineers do great work, and help them develop their careers.
- Take ownership of our support process, propose improvements wherever you see the opportunity.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a client-facing role.
- Wordpress engineering experience, ideally from a support perspective.
- Strong understanding of web servers and Linux, ideally the LEMP stack.
- Strong understanding of how browsers work and native HTML5 web APIs.
- Good knowledge of database concepts, especially as they relate to MySql.
- Server side performance, debugging, and optimisation techniques.
- Complete understanding of responsive web design and how designs will be adapted for specific devices (including responsive grids).
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles, especially from a technical standpoint.
- Knowledge of browser feature support and graceful degradation techniques where features are lacking (IE :-) ).
- Great communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Comfortable with Git.
- Experience as a team leader / mentor.
- Understanding of the digital product production process.
- Experience in a marketing / digital agency or similar.
- Professional environment where you are trusted to manage yourself.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible vacation policy, take the days you need.
- Work from home policy.
- Competitive salary.
- Onsite English tutor in the CDMX office.
- Equipment / wellbeing allowance.
- Incentive schemes for recommending new hires or new business.
- Awesome office environment with views from the 37th floor (water, coffee and beer included).
We create and maintain digital products--everything from apps, to services, to business tools. We ensure the entire process, from ideation to strategy, then design and development, feels cohesive and collaborative.
Nolte exists because of our team members, who transformed their passions into careers. We believe meaningful technology is born when passionate teams create in tandem with committed clientele. Our clients’ visions empower us to use our skills and build the future--together. Their wins are our wins.
By working with Nolte, you’ll get the best product created by a skilled, engaged team.