Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: New York, NY
InVision is the world’s leading design collaboration platform.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That’s why more than 2,000,000 designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world's most loved startups, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce and many more.
Our Internal Tooling team strives to develop and maintain high quality, scalable tools and integrations, leveraged by User Enablement, Support, Sales, Training, and other teams. Candidates should be excited at the prospect of serving those teams who so faithfully serve our customers everyday.Requirements
- THE CHOPS: You describe yourself as a jack-of-all-trades, thoroughly experienced and excited by modern technologies and services. You are a leader who manages through example and prides themselves on organization and results.
- PASSIONATE ABOUT DESIGN: You understand that design makes everything possible. You are able to distinguish ‘great’ design from ‘pretty’ design. You see the difference design thinking can make in the lives of users. And you understand that even something as historically unpolished as internal tools deserve topnotch UX.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: You enjoy learning how to solve problems in the most efficient way possible. Complexity doesn’t scare you. The challenge of distilling something complex into something simple invigorates and excites you.
- BIASED TOWARD ACTION: You are a self-motivated, action-oriented person. You don’t sit on your hands and wait for someone else to fix a problem. If there is something you can do to make a situation better, you do it.
- FOLLOWS THROUGH: From support staff, to product designers, to engineering – you speak the language of each of these archetypes. You are empathetic, concise, and consistent in your communication and follow-through. You ensure that the team own their commitments, collectively and personally.
- PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS: You recognize the strengths of your teammates and understand that we will only get where we want to go if we work together. You work with leadership to place team members on projects appropriate to their skill level and team needs.
- 5+ years of experience in Product or Engineering Management (or a similar) role.
- Experience as the direct manager of software engineers in an agile, startup environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability, with a breadth of experience in both client-side and server-side technologies.
- Strong proficiency preferably in Node.js; solid professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Java, Ruby, Python, PHP also preferred.
- Preference for working in rapid development cycles (2-4 weeks).
- Familiarity with common tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins/CI.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments.
- A proven track record of success in working with product managers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things.
- Familiar with modern security best practices, solutions, and technologies.
- Understanding of the technical implications of complex and highly scalable applications.
- The ability to dive right into a big project and manage it from start to finish.
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment.
- Comfortable in a native design environment (Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) and have a good grasp on the tools that are representative of the industry.
- You will manage a small -- yet very talented! -- team of engineers to deliver and maintain your products. Leadership responsibilities will aim to consume 20% of your time, with the remainder (80%) dedicated to frontline development.
- You will be the internal subject matter expert and product owner for our Internal Tooling team, responsible for designing, developing, and sustaining a suite of tools and systems integrations.
- You will manage the roadmap, refining feature ideas and maintaining existing features to drive business goals and ensure that the needs of your internal customers are being met.
- Engage stakeholders in leadership, data, support, sales, and engineering and translate their needs into requirements for the various projects you'll oversee.
- Coordinate across teams to maintain product and strategy alignment.
- Invest in team growth and morale to build not just a product, but a team.
- Adjust role specializations, process definitions, and other factors to improve scope control, quality, and velocity.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To apply: Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/906166#.WgXqcBNSx-U