Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Digital Optimization Analyst do?
The Digital Optimization Analyst plays a critical role at Student Loan Hero by evaluating on-site consumer behavior and creating and running tests (optimizations) across StudentLoanHero.com to drive audience engagement and revenue growth. Impacting all parts of the business, the Analyst will drive insights leading to revenue-generating actions and will participate in key conversations across the Product, Design, Content, Marketing, and Optimization Teams.
- Insight Generation & Analysis: Insights from delving into analytics platforms (digital analytics tools, databases, Excel, etc.). Evaluate customer journeys across website to improve customer experience and drive revenue. Evaluate KPIs across businesses and make recommendations to improve against benchmarks.
- Website Optimization: Provide recommendations for website optimizations, set up test design, and execute tests according to plan. Follow up with deeper analysis to determine best next steps following a test.
- Dashboard Creation and Automation: Based on the KPIs, create and automate dashboards for key stakeholders.
- Training and Support: Assist key stakeholders in discovering their own insights from the data across key digital analytics tools. Provide quick answers to ad hoc requests and guidance for more complex business and data questions.
- Tool/Technology Implementation: Collaborate with development team to highlight requirements for implementation (placing tags on the site, data capture requirements, etc.)
- Data Integration and Visualization: Extract data, manipulate, explore data using quantitative, statistical and visualization tools, including but not limited to Excel, SQL, Heap, Tableau, Chartio, and Adobe Analytics / Omniture.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Basecamp, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don’t worry—you won’t be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency – we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree and core courses in a quantitative field such as Business/Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Psychology, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in digital analytics, digital marketing analytics, website optimization, or related field
- 2 years of experience minimum
- Exposure to digital analytics tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, VWO, Optimizely, Monetate, and other leading platforms
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Looking for enthusiastic self-starters who are curious, eager to learn new tools/technologies/approaches and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to collect and synthesize data from disparate data sources and to analyze data and trends.
- Ability to work independently and/or collaborate with others as needed.
- Strong attention to detail, yet ability to see the big picture strategy as well.
- Strong project management skills. (Familiarity with agile principles preferred.)
- Proven track record of success in funnel management and attribution modeling.
- Proficiency with a wide range of tools preferred, including examples below:
• Data analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Heap, and Mixpanel)
• Optimization (VWO, Optimizely)
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.