Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Headquarters: New York
Created by the original editors of SparkNotes and No Fear Shakespeare, LitCharts (www.litcharts.com) are the world’s best literature study guides, with innovative features like color-coded theme tracking, data visualizations, beautifully designed chart-based downloadable PDF versions, and much more. Millions of students, teachers, and general interest readers use the LitCharts website and mobile apps every month.
We’re looking for someone with expertise in content marketing and SEO to grow our organic search traffic by expanding our backlink profile, brand awareness, and outreach marketing efforts. Overall Responsibilities
You will focus 100% of your work on improving LitCharts’ organic search traffic and performance on search engine results pages via a combination of strategies, such as:
Experience and Expertise We’re Looking For
- Performing keyword research to determine our most impactful content marketing and marketing outreach opportunities.
- Assessing the performance of your campaigns using tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Ahrefs, and so on.
- Researching marketing outreach opportunities with influencers and communities in the EdTech space.
- Building relationships with teachers, students, librarians and other potential influencers and brand ambassadors.
- Developing, testing, and implementing our content marketing strategy on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will combine a fluent understanding of SEO with extensive experience creating SEO-driven outreach and content marketing campaigns. Your specific areas of expertise and experience should include the following:Required
Not required but a big plus…
- Expertise in all SEO fundamentals, from keyword research to backlinks and other optimization strategies.
- Experience and a successful track record of designing, implementing, and assessing the performance of SEO link-building and content marketing campaigns.
- Experience writing and editing original education-focused content for the web.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for evangelizing strangers about new products, with no fear of being rejected or ignored.
Details about this Position
- A familiarity with the EdTech community and a passion for books, reading, and educational technology in general.
- Experience working remotely and independently with a distributed team.
The Content and Search Marketing Specialist role is a full-time position with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Ability to work from anywhere with flexible hours.
- Generous paid holiday and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to work at a fast-growing startup with a small team that has a proven record of success.
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must pass a background check prior to being hired. Thanks for your interest!
To apply: To apply for this position, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) Your latest resume or LinkedIn profile. (2) 2-3 writing samples that best convey your ability to create compelling content for the web. Links or PDFs are fine. (3) A list of your top five favorite websites with a brief explanation of why you like them. (4) A few sentences explaining specifically why this position appeals to you.
We do not reply to inquiries from agencies or placement firms.