Modern Tribe is looking for a seasoned business development consultant person to join our growing team. This position at Modern Tribe will help the company identify leads and close deals in line with our company values.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has been closing deals and maintaining key relationships for a successful digital agency for 2+ years and has been technically involved in online projects for 5+ years.
You’ve been running projects for ages: you’ve done your own sales, have a proven track record writing proposals, know how to work with WordPress, and understand the nuances of the WordPress business world. You’ve sold projects in the $100k – $1 million+ range, and are looking to go bigger.
Above all else, your daily attitude + output embody Modern Tribe’s company ethos of “live well and do good work”: you thrive on keeping the team happy and healthy. Matchmaking — not hitting sales numbers — is your jam. You hustle hard, enjoy the game and relish a genuine success. We pride ourselves on solving real problems for people rather than clutter the interwebs with more shit. If you jive with the mission of setting your team up for success, giving them the right flow and the right kind of projects, even if it means rejecting a potentially-lucrative gig…we’d love to hear from you.
Modern Tribe is not interested non-technical sales candidates at this time.
Each of Modern Tribe’s team members closes upwards of $1 million in new project work each year. The company provides a healthy pipeline to keep things rolling. Team members are also expected to be out generating leads themselves through speaking at events, blogging, local networking, etc. We don’t do cold calls — we build relationships.
The Sales position at Modern Tribe is primarily focused on lead generation and managing the sales funnel through strategic proposals. Specific tasks this will involve include:
- Managing the inbound inquiry funnel (triage emails, answer calls, etc)
- Reviewing + qualifying leads that are a good fit for Modern Tribe
- Helping define + scope projects of all sizes, ranging from $100k to over $1 million++
- Working directly with service team directors / leads to get estimates
- Pitching the final project / proposal to the end customer
- Building relationships with prospective partners
- Providing regular status updates on daily Sales scrum meetings
- Working directly with Project Management and Strategy to handoff and oversee confirmed projects / upsell opportunities
- Ensuring the internal CRM we use for tracking work stays updated + accurate
- Verifying that that all workflows (proposal templates, estimate templates, etc) are documented and easily accessible
- Maintaining strong, long-term relationships with customers once the project is underway
- Impeccable communication + organization skills
- A deep-seated love for relationship building
- A diverse background that touches on technology, design and/or strategy, not just sales
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
- The ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- An engaging + compelling writing style
- Given the level of client communication involved, a near-perfect command of the English language is required
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years managing sales for digital agencies
- A strong, proven track record building + managing relationships
- A strong design or technical background — show us that you’ve been in the mix building stuff!
- A demonstrable understanding of current technologies and what solutions will/will not work for a given customer’s needs
- A strong command of WordPress is HIGHLY desirable, but not required if you have years of experience selling or working with a similar CMS
- Experience running web design and development projects & managing the customer relationship
- Experience closing $1 million + in annual sales
- Proven experience in strategy, design and/or executing major marketing initiatives
- Distributed team experience is important (but not required)
- A confidence + love for working remotely, and the potential social isolation that may bring
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
The sales role at Modern Tribe is a full-time job (35+ hours/weekly). Full time salary between $65,000 – $90,000 USD depending on experience. Keep in mind that Modern Tribe’s sales team does NOT offer commissions at this time.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
HAPPY - Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
HELPFUL - Always looking for ways that you can help others.
CURIOUS - It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
ACCOUNTABLE - Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
To apply: http://m.tri.be/19ry