Headquarters: Sterling, VA
X-Mode Social, Inc. is looking for a full time back-end developer to work on X-Mode's data platform and join our rapidly growing team.
- Experience with SQL, Python, MySQL/AWS Aurora, Java, Node.js, MongoDB, AWS, and Parse
- Experience working with very large databases and batch processing datasets with hundreds of millions of records
- Experience growing a reliable server with an existing user base
- Understanding of system architecture optimized for growth and maintenance
- Experience with security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components
- Familiar with test driven development
- Experience working effectively in a remote environment
Our technical staff is scattered across the US, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use Phone, Google Hangouts and UberConference to coordinate, as well as Basecamp, Jira and Trello for tasking, and bit bucket for source control.
We work in short sprints, and we'll count on you to provide estimates for tasks to be completed and delivered. Think you've got what it takes? Send us your resume and tell us more about yourself and your experience.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org