Please be aware this job posting is over 1 month old, and is likely not accepting any more applicants
Define and manage requirements for PROEMION software products (embedded software and applications). The successful candidate is a skilled requirements engineer that is well-organized, ambitous, outgoing and tech-savvy. He/she must be a self-starter and team player with a passion for successful software products..
- manage and define requirements for PROEMION software products running on multiple target platforms and technologies (Windows, GNU/Linux, embedded, Android and iOS)
- collect and manage software requirements from customers and internal stakeholders
- make user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design decisions
- document and describe software requirements for use within software development teams
- define epics, milestones and goals required to fulfill all defined software requirements
- fulfill and follow PROEMION company goals and corporate strategy
- ensure technical standards and requirements are met
- coordinate development efforts and responsibilities between software Teams
- work in a distributed, creative and agile team of international experts
- write appropriate documentation where required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related engineering field
- at least 2 years experience managing and defining requirements for complex software Projects
- deep understanding of all stages of software development, from design to implementation
- first-hand experience with software development and UI/UX, preferrably with Qt
- ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
- fluency in English (verbal, written)
- excellent interpersonal and presentation skills (verbal, written)
- ability to communicate closely and effectively within a distributed, international Team
- willingness to travel, also internationally
- ideally some experience with telematics, CAN and protocols like CANopen and J1939
- ability to have fun while tackling challenging problems
We offer you
- Independent work in a performance-oriented and challenging atmosphere
- Short lines of communication and flat hierarchies foster an open working environment
- Modern premises centered in the middle of Germany featuring lounge, kicker-table, pool table, Team events, additional allowance for a Fitness Club membership and child care, flextime, free soft drinks and fruit
There are quite a few additional benefits, that need to be mentioned for relocating to Fulda: it is a picturesque city built in the Baroque period with a huge and famous cathedral.
Located right in the middle of Europe, in between two uplands and close to the Rhön biosphere reserve, with lakes and forest to explore in summer and slopes for skiing and other activities in winter .
And even though it is a university town with a lot of bars and nightlife you are in the countryside within minutes, no traffic jams on Fridays and you are at Frankfurt Airport within the hour.
Now ready for the challenge?
If you would like to join our team please send us your application. We do not need a cover letter, just share with us your Stackoverflow and/or Github Profile.