Play a key role in developing and extending our Qt-based platform for embedded devices and applications (Quarks). The successful candidate has an expert-level understanding of Qt, C++ and QML and must be ambitous, outgoing and tech-savvy. He/she must be a self-starter and team player with a passion for developing the best solutions to make our products even better.
- develop platform-independent, Qt-based software that serves as the foundation for our new devices and applications
- take ownership and reponsibility for work packages and see them to completion
- write unit tests to ensure proper code functionality
- work in a distributed, creative and agile team of international experts
- perform code review with other team members
- actively contribute to discussions regarding software design and architecture decisions
- ensure technical standards and requirements are met, including code guidelines
- write appropriate documentation where required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- bachelor's degree or higher in electrical engineering or a related engineering field
- at least 2 years experience managing the development of complex embedded device projects
- deep understanding of all stages of embedded device development, from hardware design to production
- ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
- fluency in English (verbal, written)
- excellent interpersonal and presentation skills (verbal, written)
- ability to communicate closely and effectively within a distributed, international team
- willingness to travel, also internationally
- ideally some experience with telematics, CAN and protocols like CANopen and J1939
- ability to have fun while tackling challenging problems
We offer you
- Independent work in a performance-oriented and challenging atmosphere
- Short lines of communication and flat hierarchies foster an open working environment
- Modern premises centered in the middle of Germany featuring lounge, kicker-table, pool table, Team events, additional allowance for a Fitness Club membership and child care, flextime, free soft drinks and fruit
There are quite a few additional benefits, that need to be mentioned for relocating to Fulda: it is a picturesque city built in the Baroque period with a huge and famous cathedral.
Located right in the middle of Europe, in between two uplands and close to the Rhön biosphere reserve, with lakes and forest to explore in summer and slopes for skiing and other activities in winter .
And even though it is a university town with a lot of bars and nightlife you are in the countryside within minutes, no traffic jams on Fridays and you are at Frankfurt Airport within the hour.
Now ready for the challenge?
If you would like to join our team please send us your application. We do not need a cover letter, just share with us your Stackoverflow and/or Github Profile.