WordPress Developer responsible for both backend and frontend development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. The ideal candidate will provide well-structured and well-documented code and communicate effectively with other members of the development team.The individual should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- Build websites, prototypes, and applications using the latest frontend technologies
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Self motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications and using the best practice & defacto standard plugins.
- Experience with understanding and using WP-CLI
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Experience creating and modifying WordPress themes
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Strong understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred
You’ll work on cutting edge React applications, collaborate with back-end developers to design REST APIs, prototype proof of concepts, build libraries from scratch, solve complex UI challenges, interface with various third party platforms, and help determine the best of the modern tools for our clients.