Headquarters: San Francisco
Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for a React Developer passionate about creating polished web applications with beautiful, well-designed UIs using the React library. Your primary responsibility will be the implementation of visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Develop new user-facing features using the React library.
- Build reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Strong understanding of React library best practices and conventions. Comfort with JSX is preferred.
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
- Excellent understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
To apply: Please use following link to apply: http://bit.ly/2fBgv7n